Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD *** Immaculate 2017 SADOWSKY METROLINE / METRO MV4 with original case - £1,649 OR OFFER
£1799

Apothem

Following a niggling problem with my left arm that will take a long time to heal, I am selling my most valuable basses, this one and an Fclef, no point in keeping them laying there untouched.

Immaculate 2017 SADOWSKY METROLINE (formerly known only as "Metro") MV4 in "AS NEW" condition, with its original Sadowsky rectangular semi-hard case (not the floppier teardrop portabag), also mint.

Only a few months old, this is the latest variation, including the new "Metroline" headstock logo, NYC-style strings tree and recessed input jack plate. Ash / maple combo in glossy black and chrome hardware, nice and shiny. 8.8lbs / 4.0kg hence on the lighter side for a Metro. Usual Sadowsky configuration: hum-cancelling Sadowsky pickups in '60s position and 2-eq Sadowsky preamp with VTC (tone control) working in active and passive. Brand new set of Sadowsky Blue Label stainless steel 45-105 (Sadowsky's stock strings) just put on for the sale and then untouched Super-clean and pristine. Only during a close-up inspection for the sale I've found a tiny (approx. 2mm) very superficial shallow dink I had never noticed before, which - being black - is a bummer to photograph and is usually visible only if you look for it with the light at an angle. Currently set with a very straight neck and low action. Needless to say, no wear whatsoever and it sounds spectcular as you would expect.

Price is £1,799 1,649 plus shipping, paid with a bank transfer, please. That makes AT LEAST 800 quid less than an identical new one (priced at £2,500 at sadowsky UK dealers) and for all aspects this really IS as new, and a 6 months wait avoided, of course. OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED. I will only post through the UPS website, as most couriers and all the agents like Interparcel do not insure musical instruments above £1,000 (and in order to fulfil UPS requirements, it may be shipped without battery, please have your 9V ready). That makes is £50 for a mainland UK tracked and insured shipment (excl. some remote postcodes and some islands): because of the value of the instrument and therefore the insurance, the real shipment cost is over £70, but I will absorb the difference in order to remain somewhat competitive.

Coming from a smoke, pet and child-free home (but not booze-free... LOL). Sorry, no trades.

BassChatters with an established history and reputation / feedback on the forum but living outside the UK (although in EU) may contact me, otherwise this is strictly a UK sale. The bass will also be soon on eBay in order to appeal to the largest possible audience.

You can find my feedback at the bottom of the page. Please be confident the bass is absolutely, exactly as described, no surprises.

Thanks for looking.

Claz

Edited by Apothem

On 19/01/2018 at 15:10, jazzmanb said:

Very nice,i have an older Metro vintage and its sounds incredible.

Thanks. It really sounds and looks spectacular, but at the moment I cannot really play it as I would like.

Edited by Apothem