Why become a member? ×

Tokai Hard Puncher - SOLD
£395

DaytonaRik

For sale is my vintage lawsuit era Tokai Hardpuncher in black with maple fingerboard.  Serial no is 1013717 and the Spaghetti lawsuit Tokai logo dates the instrument as pre '82.  There are some marks to the polyester finished body in the usual places but nothing excessive and there is plenty of character and 'mojo' going on, along with the natural aging of pick guard screws etc.  A previous owner replace the the tuners with reverse tuners and in doing so put a crack in the headstock at E tuner - see photos - I can assure you that this is no way affects the playability or tuning and has remained completely stable during my ownership. I have returned the tuners to the originals and will also include the reverse tuners

I replaced the original black pick guard with a mirror plate to match my now departed Limelight, and took the opportunity to fit new CTS pots, switch craft jack and a Mullard 0.015uf 'tropical fish' cap fitted.  Rest assured the original plate is included, complete with the original pots/wiring although a previous owner has foolishly super-glued the control knobs to the shafts!

I've owned the bass since 2014 having purchased it from Tobiewharton of this esteemed forum, and the Tokai has been my spare bass for the duration, only being gigged on a handful of occasions during my ownership.  It's weight is a healthy 4.1kg and the nut width is 42mm, and it comes in a used but serviceable Thomas hard case.  The action is low and light and it has that essential P-bass thump.

Open to trades of a Thunderbird nature - Epiphone Classic IV Pro with cash adjustment or Vintage Pro

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg