Why become a member? ×

cab positioning

Kevin Dean

19 minutes ago, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

You want the cab with the wider midrange dispersion and lower excursion limited power on the top. In this case it's the 112. The the case of a 410/115 it's the 115.

As the 15" is a sealed cab I wasn't sure , I guess i'll find out on my first sound check .

Sealed or not a 15 doesn't have the dispersion of a 12. It may have less low frequency output than a ported 12, but the ported 12 is still more likely to distort at a lower power input. That said I'd rather matched 12s. You probably find that the 12 and 15 sound better together than either does alone, but that's the case with almost any cab pairing.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

Sealed or not a 15 doesn't have the dispersion of a 12. It may have less low frequency output than a ported 12, but the ported 12 is still more likely to distort at a lower power input. That said I'd rather matched 12s. You probably find that the 12 and 15 sound better together than either does alone, but that's the case with almost any cab pairing.

I've got 2 x12"  I just prefer this combination .