Why become a member? ×

Bacon's Bass Place

AARON BACON

The font is ok, quite cool. It’s proper retro and so will actually work for a younger audience (no offence Steve!).

when I work on video scripts and project ta you have to grab the audiences attention within a second or two - that’s no exaggeration.

If it’s a music video then definitely start with some music! If it’s an instructional video then start with some cool licks.

I’m not really a YouTube user for this sort of thing, so I can’t comment on the content really, but given the competition (and the production values of some of the other competitors) it’s worth trying to identify a niche where you offer value beyond those already out there and focus on that.

Good luck with it!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 01:57, Steve Browning said:

Honest? That font screams amateur to me and I wouldn't bother going any further. Sorry, that's a little harsh.

Hey man Thanks for the feed back, like it or don't like it, its all super helpful.

I was trying to do something similar to what I see the other people in the genre are doing with their thumbnails. This is in my experimental phase still and im trying new things. I've moved more to the same font but more linearly placed.
As far as youtube videos go, I'm completely an amateur. This was like my 1st or 2nd video.

As i progress and upgrade my equipment hopefully I can start to mask that behind a bit of professionalism hehe

On 1/9/2018 at 03:46, Burns-bass said:

The font is ok, quite cool. It’s proper retro and so will actually work for a younger audience (no offence Steve!).

when I work on video scripts and project ta you have to grab the audiences attention within a second or two - that’s no exaggeration.

If it’s a music video then definitely start with some music! If it’s an instructional video then start with some cool licks.

I’m not really a YouTube user for this sort of thing, so I can’t comment on the content really, but given the competition (and the production values of some of the other competitors) it’s worth trying to identify a niche where you offer value beyond those already out there and focus on that.

Good luck with it!

Thanks for the tips man. I'm Still trying to figure out my niche based on responses like 

On 1/9/2018 at 13:13, Rumple said:

Sadly I was put off by the titles, both the look of that font and the fact it's another slap video so I didn't watch it  but don't let me put you off though young man :D

That Stingray is a lovely colour.

AND 

On 1/9/2018 at 03:49, ribbetingfrog said:

Quite the opposite for me , the font says modern, interesting, with a love of all things 8 bit.

I'll check it out.

are making me think that my niche will be pretty modern slap bass techniques... but also i have other content like gig vlogs and gear videos and ill be doing pod casts and interviews soon.

Thanks to everyone for your feed back, its honestly invaluable to me.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for this. I have never bothered learning slap but sadly for me I have to for a couple tunes in a new band. Your videos are super helpful, clearly explained and you have an engaging, natural style. Fonts and titles serve their purpose, the actual style of the fonts is entirely irrelevant.

Edited by stewblack

On 2018-03-24 at 18:05, stewblack said:

Thank you so much for this. I have never bothered learning slap but sadly for me I have to for a couple tunes in a new band. Your videos are super helpful, clearly explained and you have an engaging, natural style. Fonts and titles serve their purpose, the actual style of the fonts is entirely irrelevant.

awesome Dude! Thats so great and uplifting to hear. So happy to have helped you in any way :)

• Like 1