Why become a member? ×

Hartke HyDrive HD112 and TX600 groove test

enricogaletta

Dear UK fellas here is my first video with my new Hartke rig.
I worked on some grooves with different dynamics and I recorded the bass using the DI from the TX600 and merging it with the signal from the mic on the cab.
It's a great combination, the DI has a perfect clean tone and the cab add the warm/punchy tone needed.
The HD cab compared to the previous series, are a bit warmer and punchy. Here we go:

Edited by enricogaletta
Embed video
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, HazBeen said:

Nice playing, the EMGs compliment the Ibanez well and the amp sounds great. If it is good enough for Victor Wooten ;)

Thank you man and I definitely agree with you, EMG sounds great on Ibanez and with the tone from the amp, the balance is perfect! xD

Edited by enricogaletta

5 hours ago, fleabag said:

I've been trying to find out the difference between the Hydrive HD112 and HX112.  They seem to have identical spec, but look very different ???

The specs are very similar, but the new HD series has more punch on the lows. Compared to the regular HyDrive cabinet, the HD are warmer, but keeps the same middle and treble of the previous one.

Right now I set both cabs (the same in the video) with full HF driver and it sounds just great because the other frequencies are well balanced.

Edited by enricogaletta
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Good morning fellas,

lately I had the chance to check the latest 12" cabinet from Hartke, the 112B.

It's a bit different than the HD, because is a 4 ohm native cabinet and doesn't have a horn but it sounds very nice, here's the new video test.

Hope you will find it helpful and wish to you all a groovy weekend.

Ciao!

• 2 years later...
On 04/05/2021 at 07:44, gobasserk said:

May I ask how you rate this 112HD cabs for a rock band? Two of them of course. I read a lot about how inefficient they shall be..? 

I have run 2 for some time in a heavy rock band. I run a Ashdown ABM 600 through them as my main amp and also a Laney Nexus Tube as an alternate. In my opinion they sound bloody marvellous. They are loud, relatively light and cheap (especially if picked up second hand). Switchable impendence is also a really handy feature too. I also have a 6x10 Ashdown cab, and I find it easier to get a usable tone with the two 1x12 cabs and I can confidently say that they can keep up with the 6x10 volume wise.

• Like 1

My experience echoes that of jimmy23cricket almost exactly. I run two cabs with a Peavey Tour 700 head and have never run out of headroom. I also find the impedance switching useful as I can take one cab out with a small digital amp and do a rehearsal or small gig with practically a single handed carry. Plus I got my two cabs for just over £200 the pair, one with a cover. So, for me, they cover a lot of bases for not a lot of money. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2021 at 08:44, gobasserk said:

May I ask how you rate this 112HD cabs for a rock band? Two of them of course. I read a lot about how inefficient they shall be..? 

Hey man sorry for the delay.

Anyway I definitely agree with the previous comments. These cabs are just amazing, the quality price ratio is outstanding, but not only, their tone, especially when you run two of them, fits so many music and working scenario.

I've been always a huge fan of the 10" speaker, starting from the 210 to 410 of course and I confess that before using Hartke, I had Aguilar db112 paired with the TH500. They sounds good too but back than, I was always preferring the 10" speakers because I like clarity and  definition. But now with these two things changed.

Currently I'm using both of them with the horn on on the second position, no full no off, they sounds amazing, punchy, warm, clean and bright.

The 410 is still my favorite cab as well now the 12”. Two HD112 are the best versatile cabs you can get, works well with almost any head, super advised.!

If you any other questions or need more help just let know 😉