Why become a member? ×

Traded: Limelight 70’s Jazz Bass
£800

PawelG

Apparently the only 70’s jazz that Limelight did so far.

Beautiful ash body (really rich tone, sounds like a serious Jazz Bass), maple neck with black blocks and binding. Nice vintage feel - to me the road worn job on this is one of the best out there. And obviously - hand wired limelight pickups - I don’t know much about the electronics, but these pickups have some serious output and they sound solid. Cuts right through the mix whatever you do.

Bass is in Portsmouth, Hampshire. I can deliver within like an hour drive or send via courier. Got some cardboard boxes and all that. Generic case included.

Let me know if you need more photos or just come around and try it. Beverage provided.

Edited by PawelG

Hello, thanks.

The weight is about 5kgs, not the lightest I guess but that’s what you get from ash.

I don’t know how much it would cost to get it ordered - my price is set based on the other Limelights sold on here. 

I'm pretty sure I had a very quick play of this one when I went to pick up my Limelight P from Mark in 2016. If it's the same one it's a cracker. It was really loud without being plugged in and the neck was lovely. GLWTS

49 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

I'm pretty sure I had a very quick play of this one when I went to pick up my Limelight P from Mark in 2016. If it's the same one it's a cracker. It was really loud without being plugged in and the neck was lovely. GLWTS

It’s an awesome instrument. It’s like a real vintage jazz, but better, cause you know it’s not a Fender :-)

Edited by PawelG
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Bassdude BE said:

And do you have an idea of what one of these would cost when oredered new?

To give an idea, I asked Mark a quote in 2017 for a p bass in ash. It was approx. £1000 with a gig bag.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PawelG said:

Hello, thanks.

The weight is about 5kgs, not the lightest I guess but that’s what you get from ash.

I don’t know how much it would cost to get it ordered - my price is set based on the other Limelights sold on here. 

Lovely bass,  a bit too heavy for me I'm afraid, otherwise I would've been all over this... ;)

10 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Another very cool looking bass Pawel; where do you find them all? ☺

Seriously though, it looks great and I bet it sounds great too!

A good price and a very good seller, so hopefully it won't be around for too long..

GLWTS

Thank you for the kind words.

Just let me know when you want to come and have a play :-) No purchase necessary.

• Like 1

• gary mac locked this topic
  • ped unlocked this topic