Pearl_Jammin

Matamp GT200 V2 Head - All Tube Monster! - SOLD
£1200

Sadly I am looking to part with my Matamp GT200 Mk 2 - the later and current model with the powerful Mid EQ.

It's an absolute beast and is in my opinion the greatest bass amp in production today (with by far the coolest Matamp logo...) but it is sadly surplus to requirements and I can justify keeping it around just for studio work, so she has to move on.

No issues, faults and in very good external nick. Has Rocsolid cover. Sonic heft provided by KT88's and the Mat C-Core transformer which makes it a heavvyyy beast (28kg).

I am based in London and would prefer a collection / arrange meet ups. I also regularly rehearse in Brighton and Bristol so can meet up somewhere near / on the way to these areas too.

The history of this is that it was bought here from Matamp's own Dave Coates about 5 years back (I believe...) He will gladly vouch for its badass-ness.

Looking for SOLD, as it's in great nick and there's no waiting time.

Thanks!

Dave

20180108_120723_resized.jpg

20180108_120731_resized.jpg

20180108_120737_resized.jpg

20180108_120753_resized.jpg

20180108_120800_resized.jpg

20180108_120836_resized.jpg

Edited by Pearl_Jammin

This used to be mine. I had it made for me by the guys at Matamp and I can vouch for it being an incredible amp with beautiful tonal options. These are hand made and the innards are a work of art.

Good luck with the sale

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By colleya
      GAS has struck so I'm putting out feelers to see if anyone is interested in my Handbox R-400.
      Hand built amp with a 3 valve preamp and class A/B power. 400 watts @ 4ohms. You can get a great range of tones from this using the eq section and contour. The DI out sounds lovely. This amp doesn't have the extra lights at the front. It has a few scuffs and a couple of cosmetic chips on the case and front from my use that I've pictured, but is in perfect working order.  Serviced last year by David Lunt in Stockport.
      9.8kg on the bathroom scales
      I'm the 3rd owner. This is an earlier model that was sent as a trial amp to a Basschat member, then sold to @TPJ who sold it to me. 
      Collection from Sale, South Manchester much preferred, or I can ship at cost when I get a suitable box.
      Here's @wateroftyne's review of these amps:
      And here's this particular one in action with my band:

• By Thurbs
      Rebellious, uncompromising and cool as f***, James Dean and the car he nicknamed the Little Bastard are the inspiration for this iconic, all-tube mini bass amp head. Rated at 30-Watts, the Little Bastard won't rip your head off, but its EL84-equipped power section is more than capable enough for small gigs. And, of course, it won't put your back out on the way. The Little Bastard preamp stage employs ECC83 and ECC82 tubes and features High and Low gain inputs, front panel-mounted Effects Send and Return, rotary Bass, Middle and Treble controls with Mid Shift, Bass Shift and Bright switching, Mute switch, rotary Volume control and balanced DI output. The Little Bastard head partners perfectly with a range of Ashdown LB cabinets.
      https://ashdownmusic.com/products/little-bastard
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8eOPVi2Vvk
      https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/ashdown-little-bastard-lb-30h-head-284608
      Power Output 30W Power Handling 30Hz - 16kHz Speaker Outputs 2 x Jack sockets High Instrument Input 450mV Low Instrument Input 150mV DI Output Line Level 1k Output Impedance Minimum Impedance 4 Ohm EQ Passive Bass, Middle and Treble Effects Send Valve driven Instrument level Effects Return  Valve Recovered Pre-amp Tubes 1 x ECC83 1 x ECC82 Output Tubes 4 x EL84 H x W x D (mm) 218 x 407 x 260 Weight (kg) 11 Comes complete with robust flight case.
      Still have origional box.
      Marks as pictured.
      Fully working order.
      Sold as seen.
      Deal with matching LB-112 Cab: £650
      Deal with matching LB-212 Cab: £700
      Deal with matching LB112 & LB-212 Cab: £850

• By Jonse
      Lovely all valve Orange up for sale. 
      I've owned and used this for a few months at band rehearsal but I'm moving it on since picking up a Traynor Yba-300 which I prefer. I sold another one of these last year. Yes, I had two.
      Cosmetically the amp is in good condition, there's a couple of small nicks in the tolex which I've tried to picture but as you know that's quite difficult.
      Valves sound very good and deliver ample power, I'm not certain how old the valves are but there's still plenty of life in them - no pops or odd noises. Pots are smooth without crackle. 
      There's a two smart covers included: one Orange and one Roqsolid. The Roqsolid fits over the Orange one quite tidily. 
      Somewhat sad about moving this on as I really do like the sound however I can't justify owning two valve behemoths. I'll definitely miss the excellent valve saturation you get at higher volume, which the Orange delivers in spades. 
      Will not ship, simply too heavy and fragile at 26kg. You can come round and try this through my cabs if you like. I am in Leicester. I will drive reasonable distances to meet.
      Offers considered, no trades though thanks, too much gear already. 
      Thanks for looking,
      Chris. 

• By Marky Screen
      Picked this up in a trade a few months ago on here. It's lovely but overkill for me power wise so I'm looking to move it on. Also the fact I've accumulated 4 micro heads in the last 6 months means something's got to give 😋.
      Great overall condition and everything works as it should.
      Blendable SS/tube pre with usual MB 4 band EQ and VLE/VPF filters.
      800w @ 4ohms, 500 w @ 8ohms
      Price includes UK shipping.

• By edirelandbass
      Handmade valve preamp 
      Gain, Bass, Treble, Output controls
      Switchable line in/out instrument in/out 
      Great for live use and recording.
      I’ve been using it to warm up the sound of my solid state amp and for bits of recording.
      Have just bought an amp with a valve preamp and don’t use it enough to justify keeping.
      Comes with Dickinson canvas carry case