Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Bash - nr. Bicester, Oxon - Saturday 14 April 2018

Malvis

It's relatively local for me, but I don't play double bass, never have done and don't want my will power tested! I also have a gig in the evening on Saturday, so need to conserve some energy and hearing! 

Of course, if anyone is heading back from the bash southbound along the A34, they could turn off at Abingdon, head for the Brewery Tap and have their hearing damaged for the second time in one day!

On 12/04/2018 at 15:32, Happy Jack said:

Roger Warner / A. Watt?

Odd name for a band ...

Thanks again for pointing that out, it's been fixed now.

Roger Warner is a musician, so I think they count as a duo, if not a full band. But we're a 4 piece. 

Well I had great time at the double bass bash today!

Thanks to Brother Malvis for organizing the event and to all of you who brought basses and let us all try them out.After seeing and playing Roger's Kolstein travel bass and Audrey's Emminence I have a serious case of GAS.

Nice day,nice basses,nice people...perfect day.

Special thanks to Bassace for the ride to the bash.

Bob

The vibe was very good. As usual I got a burst of unexpected GAS. I find it very easy to persuade myself that I need "something different" from what I have,  but I got to play a bunch of other stuff which were all lovely but came away thinking "I am happy with what I have".

Third from right is Simon, a local musician and friend of Bro Malvis.

What a great day! Great shout for Bro M whose organisation was so laid back that I thought the whole thing was going to fall over before it even started, but I shouldn’t have worried. That man has mystical powers, it seems. 

And thanks, Owen, for some classy catering from the local Co Op.

Truly an enjoyable day. What a great bunch, the BC DBers.