Why become a member? ×

Hello from Watford

caretaker

Saying hi,  i am a 50 yr old caretaker in a secondary school that has recently picked up a bass again after 30 years, i get involved in music classes at school and help oit with the kids where possible, i was never any good anyway as I broke all my fingers on my left hand which kinda left me screwed for playing a guitar or reaching chords but i love it anyway.

Trying to find a Washburn status s1000, i love the sound and look but have never had the honour of holding one let alone playing one.

I cut my teeth on a hohner headless bass which I loved but body size drove me a little nuts, pretty sure I'm gonna love the s1000 and my mind is made up, no other bass will do.  Not for the money I can afford anyway. Lol.

1 hour ago, caretaker said:

little nuts

I would keep quiet about that, if I were you. ;) Brace yourself for incoming innuendo.

I spent one academic year at Watford College. Their response was to change their name. :crazy:

My 1978/79 fretless Fender P Bass came from a shop just around the block from the junction of High Street and Queen's Road. I suspect that the location got redeveloped in the Nineties.

Good evening, Caretaker, and ...

JziD0WZ.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share.

@Funkfingers Innuendo..? Can't think what you mean. Reminds me of a little tale, though...

A doctor made it his regular habit to stop at a bar for a hazelnut daiquiri on his way home. The bartender knew of his habit, and would always have the drink waiting at precisely 5:03 pm

One afternoon, as the end of the work day approached, the bartender was dismayed to find that he was out of hazelnut extract. Thinking quickly, he threw together a daiquiri made with hickory nuts instead, and set it on the counter.

The doctor came in right on time, as usual, took one sip of the drink and exclaimed, "But this isn't a hazelnut daiquiri..!"

"No, I'm sorry," replied the bartender, "it's a hickory daiquiri, doc."

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Welcome to the forum, caretaker, from another Herts based bassist (Hemel Hempstead)

And indeed another Hemelite here too, plus also an ex Watford College boy, well the old Water Lane site back the the 80's anyway, now demolished to make way for that bypass thang.

Welcome aboard, post long and often!!

• 2 weeks later...