Why become a member? ×

*TRADED* '88 Warwick Streamer Stage 1, Gloss White, German made, Hard Case £850
£900

dyerseve

Up for sale is my stunning 1988* Warwick Streamer Stage 1. Hand made in Germany. Now includes a hard case for safer shipping and price dropped to £850.

shipping is £12.50 to mainland UK, £35 to most of EU, £55 to most of the rest of the world. Includes full insurance and tracking.

There is no serial number on this so it is impossible to age it precisely but talking to various people on here who are very knowledgeable on all things Warwick it could have been made as early as '86 and as as late as 88' so ive gone for the 88' to be safe - also, from what I saw of the bass when it was being stripped, the woods looked identical to those on this '88 Streamer Stage 1( making it maple body with a wenge/maple neck):
https://reverb.com/uk/item/2569081-rare-vintage-warwick-streamer-stage-1-1988-aguilar-on-board-preamp-emg-p-j

Professionally refinished in a stunning gloss white by local luthier who also repaired the minor neck crack(which is a typical bug bear of these older pre-volute Warwicks from what I know - see the reverb ad above - the crack is almost identical!).

This bass is all original except for the battery box which is a replacement from Warwick, the output jack, the pre-amp and pots (which are almost brand new MECs from a Warwick Fortress (the pre is a 2 band act/pass, bass, treb afair)). The frets were leveled and crowned by the same local luthier as well and it has received a full setup and new d'addario strings. The frets are down to about 50% from what I can see - see photos.

Truss rod and electronics work perfectly!

Neck profile and relief/action details (as best I can measure):

Width @ nut 40mm

Width @ 12th Fret 55mm

Width @ 24th Fret 62mm

Depth(front to back measured from fretboard) @ nut 23mm

Depth @ 12 fret 23mm

Depth @ 19th fret (before it joins the body) 27mm

Relief(meaured at 7th fret with string fretted @ 1st and @ 20th frets) : 0.15" / 0.381mm

Action @ 24th Fret 2.5mm - 1.75mm E - G

Specs to the best of my knowledge: Maple body, wenge/maple neck, 24 bell brass frets, Mother Of Pearl dots front and side, brass Just a Nut I, solid brass Warwick 3D bridge, Schaller machine heads, Schaller straplock buttons, Warwick/MEC 2 band(bass and treble) EQ with active/passive with push pull volume.

Weight is a very comfortable 4kg according to the kitchen scales though I swear it feels much lighter. 

The brass hardware including the screws, knobs, bridge nut etc. were all a heavily tarnished gold finish when I first got the bass so I shot blasted to reveal what i think is a pretty cool nickel looking colour.

Paint finish is rather nice with only some minor blemishes on the front of the headstock that you can only see on very close inspection and the repaired neck crack is still visible under the paint as shown in the photos. The only other blemishes are the scratches on the cavity cover and the original varnish on the side of the fretboard is peeling away in some places but this cannot be felt underhand.

I'm based nr Dudley, West Midlands

Now includes a used but perfectly functional hardcase for safe shipping within the UK. If you need it shipping internationally I can add a brand new flight case at cost(£65) for safe international shipping.

20180106_135438.jpg

20180106_135610.jpg

20180106_135451.jpg

20180106_135458.jpg

20180106_135511.jpg

20180106_135525.jpg

20180106_135534.jpg

20180106_135545.jpg

20180106_135638.jpg

20180106_135649.jpg

20180106_135624.jpg

20180106_135819.jpg

20180106_140112.jpg

20180106_140044.jpg

20180106_135349.jpg

Edited by dyerseve
  • Like 1

Yup i'd say that was an '88 or '89, very unlikely to be pre 88 or post 90.

Do you know what he did to fix the neck, and is the truss still okay to use?

Edited by Kev
  • Thanks 1

On 07/01/2018 at 14:32, Kev said:

Yup i'd say that was an '88 or '89, very unlikely to be pre 88 or post 90.

Do you know what he did to fix the neck, and is the truss still okay to use?

Thanks Kev.

No I'm sorry I don't. Truss rod works perfectly and I have adjusted it a few times since its been refinished as the neck settled post refinish - it was without strings for a while during this process).

The crack, as it is now, has been the same since I got it back. 

Edited by dyerseve

I just picked up an SS1 before christmas and it's the best neck I've ever played.  

I've noticed the distance between the end of the neck and the bridge is much shorter than many other basses and this makes for a really focussed sound.

Amazing growl.

GLWTS

• Like 1

My first 'high level' bass was a 1990 SS1. I wish I'd kept it and refinished it like this! The hardware looks amazing against this finish. Beautiful instrument and I think a very reasonable price given the new prices of Warwicks, regardless of the work carried out on it. I wish you a quick sale :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks Lawrie, appreciate your kind words. I have priced it keenly and in line with the fact it isnt completely original and has had the repair carried out. hopefully the right buyer will come along before too long. Just need to get passed the post Xmas slump!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Raslee said:

So the Fortress electronics that are in it now, I take it the pre and pickups are different to the oriignal standard Streamer electronics then? Is it a different sound?

Hi, the pickups are the originals to the bass. It is only the pre that is non original. I would say the sound is 95% of the original sound. 

• MB1 locked this topic