Why become a member? ×

DB & EUB Live - please post your footage!

Al Krow

I'd love to see some of my fellow BCer's in action on DB and EUB to get a sense of how you guys are playing yours, what genre's you're playing and just some ideas for some great numbers to be using DB and EUB on. It'll be a nice way to see y'all in action at the same time!

Now that we have the new website up and running and much greater flexibility and ease of uploading new material, if you're up for it - please do share!

AK 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Al,

It’s a 5 string KK Baby bass. I’ve fitted it with a pair of J-Tone Reds and blend these with the stock under bridge magnetic pickup using a Headway EDB1 preamp.

Im relatively new on DB, but having played fretless for too long to remember, I’ve found the transition easier than I expected. 

4E2780F1-52BF-4044-98BB-04F3798F4FC0.jpeg

Edited by JPJ

The advantage for me is as all my main electric basses are 5’s and that I only use the EUB live occasionally and then only on a few tracks, the mental translation is easier. In all honesty, the B string isn’t as authoritative as the others, and you need to be much more precise with your right hand technique to get a low C or D to really bloom. Maybe as I progress as an upright player I might get more out of the low B, but for now it’s little more than a visual/tactile reference when moving from the electric bass.

My only DB experience prior to the KK is a Stagg EUB, so I don’t really feel the extra width as the KK neck isn’t as chunky as the Stagg.

Edited by JPJ
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, cattytown said:

As far as I know this is the only video of me on stage. This was 17th June 1995! It was my wedding and the band got me up for a song.

How cool is that and what a lovely memory of the day! Was the band = your regular band?

What are you up to music / gigging wise these days?

No - the band were not my band - we just thought they were the best band for a wedding - a real rock n roll party band.

I am not doing much these days - I am now a solo parent to two boys of school age so I can't justify many hours out rehearsing or gigging. I am trying to improve my slab playing to a level where it could be classed as "tolerable" and maybe do the odd jam/dep and look for something when the boys are old enough to be living their own lives.

P.