Why become a member? ×

NBD - SGC Nanyo Bass Collection

Wilco

Bought this from eBay & it turned up on Tuesday. I was after a rehearsal / crap venue bass to protect my Maruszczyk’s from some wear & tear. This fitted the bill nicely as I like old Jap instruments, & the active electronics & 19mm string spacing matched nicely to the M’s.

Pleased to report that it lives up to the SGC reputation - great quality, easy to play & sounds excellent.

D91A7899-FCFE-4B66-90D7-0300CA7FAE94.jpeg

6B1BC599-7A87-4283-83D9-3D702A1763C7.jpeg

FA379439-D33C-4F61-AD6B-7C2F0EB894DC.jpeg

16FBE228-DECE-4DDA-BBC4-8F57DC68178D.jpeg

51054E41-4C0E-442C-A504-92569C4D730E.jpeg

6B1BF183-F3C8-4497-B1D4-277FC4CC79F5.jpeg

FF6D2FA7-1217-4DD5-BC58-11E57274FD1E.jpeg

Edited by Wilco
  • Like 4

Congratulations...great basses.

I've been BC-less for about a month - first time in about 6 years - ideal for grabbing when you're practicing in the living room. I've got my eye out for a really special one which I won't have to let go.

Enjoy...

7 hours ago, Doctor J said:

Nice! Bonus points for it being strung correctly, it’s amazing how many of them you see with the headstock all arseways.

I didn’t notice until you mentioned it - looks bonkers, but also strangely satisfying, like a nice plant.

Do the all turn in different directions though?

Edited by Pea Turgh

To the user, they operate as standard, the top ones all turn the same way to tighten and vice-versa, same for the bottom ones. Frequently you see them strung on each tuner the same way, so you need to turn clockwise to tighten for one, anti-clockwise for the next, etc. Madness.

Some pennies drop forever without ever hitting the bottom.

• Haha 1

On 07/01/2018 at 12:42, Wilco said:

I was after a rehearsal / crap venue bass to protect my Maruszczyk’s from some wear & tear.

Absolutely no reflection on your Maruszczyk or its quality, but I'll be surprised if you find an SB315 is much of a step down!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Absolutely no reflection on your Maruszczyk or its quality, but I'll be surprised if you find an SB315 is much of a step down!

In comparison it certainly can't compete aesthetically (see pic), the sound is a little 'harsh' & faintly noisy, & whilst playability is good, it's not as good - so a reasonable step down to be honest.

Saying that, if I had paid twice what I actually paid for it (which was market rate) I would have still been very happy!!

I got exactly what I wanted - a super bass for a very modest outlay. 😁

IMG_1619.JPG

26 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

I don't remember my preamp looking like that one? 

That's interesting. On the FB SGC group I noticed a few comments about noisy preamps or preamp upgrades. My bass has had all the cavities foil lined which would have meant taking the electronics out - it's not inconceivable that they were replaced at the same time.

I'll post about it on the FB group & have a closer look my preamp tonight. 

Anyone else with a 315 able to take a pic of their preamp?

2 hours ago, Wilco said:

That's interesting. On the FB SGC group I noticed a few comments about noisy preamps or preamp upgrades. My bass has had all the cavities foil lined which would have meant taking the electronics out - it's not inconceivable that they were replaced at the same time.

I'll post about it on the FB group & have a closer look my preamp tonight. 

Anyone else with a 315 able to take a pic of their preamp?

No need - I’ve had confirmation from someone in the FB group that their preamp is the same as mine. Glad it’s all ’stock’ spec!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...