Why become a member? ×

6 months later!!! Location, location, location!!!!!

Sparky Mark

Question

25 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, mcnach said:

I think what he meant is that while you can only bump your own ads every couple of days or something like that, some items get bumped constantly while there's a conversation going on.

Yeah sure,  i get that, but your own post for how useful it can be,  is how it is. Its hardly a big problem.  Some just want perfection

Edited by fleabag

2 hours ago, produkt said:

also all these chit-chats should be banned imho. honestly, some threads are getting bumped to the top all the time, because there are convos going on constantly. not very fair to other sellers.

Nah. The 'chit chat' may be happening because there's a degree of interest in the item for sale. It's a good place to discuss details publicly. I get your point that some items get bumped to the top more than others, but I think it's a small inconvenience compared to what you can get in open discussion, with updates etc. I like it how sometimes you see a bass for sale, and a previous owner chips in with useful details that the seller didn't remember fully or things like that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fleabag said:

Can't see what difference it makes. Sellers can bump their own threads if their for sale thread gets demoted to another page

I think what he meant is that while you can only bump your own ads every couple of days or something like that, some items get bumped constantly while there's a conversation going on.

On 06/01/2018 at 23:30, ped said:

Yep we’re sorting it, no worries :)

We'll probably make a box which will appear under the price saying 'Location - recommended'

Cheers

Any update to this? Almost every new for sale thread has no location; nor do the majority of profiles. Thanks 

• Like 1

To make it work we have to customise the default software which is no easy task. However we have recently started a mirrored forum which were using to test such mods before rolling them out in the live site. We’ve just installed the marketplace section and tested it so the mods will start soon, and as soon as we can confirm it works, it’ll be live here. 

51 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

So nearly 6 months on the majority of Basschatters posting for sale ads still don't state a location. Isn't it a no-brainer that prospective buyers may want to try before buying? 

The problem is that @charic started a new job in the interim. We’ve got the location field done but it needs pushing to the live site. Hopefully soon!

That would mean turning all For Sale forums into no reply forums, just like the Items Wanted section.

Is that what you're saying ?

On 08/01/2018 at 18:59, produkt said:

also all these chit-chats should be banned imho. honestly, some threads are getting bumped to the top all the time, because there are convos going on constantly. not very fair to other sellers.

On 06/01/2018 at 22:44, Sparky Mark said:

I'm so bored with having to ask where gear advertised in the Marketplace is located that I'm wondering whether it shouldn't be a compulsory field? 

Agreed!! My favourite is when sellers put “Collection only” and don’t say where they are!