Why become a member? ×

ACG Krell E type 4 Custom - SOLD
£850

Me And My Bass

Bought this fantastic bass from my good mate Ross (Rosco on here).

ACG Krell E type 4 Custom 

This has been my go to musical theatre / pit bass . . Amazingly versatile bass! Something else is has popped up so I am listing this, if I miss out on the other bass I will be removing this from sale.

Bass in Glasgow, any tryout welcome. ASKING FOR - £850 which includes UK shipping in the Hiscox case & the extra pickup! Bargain!!

700BB3A3-C11D-43DA-A91D-B4C907A7F670.thumb.jpeg.40a9dfbf0d546a91cf45cf80928e7a8c.jpeg

Here is all the in-depth details from Ross in the previous ad -

Price or Trade Value : £895

Focusing more on studio gear at the moment, so this bass is back up for sale at INSANELY fair price of £895 considering it would cost you at least £1400 (if not more) for a new build. 

Details:

This is an insanely well made bass with a huge sound, perfectly balanced and, for a man that tends to dislike single cuts, I think this one actually looks great!

I ordered a humbucker for the neck position to replace the AC P Bass, however the original (custom made to order, not off the shelf) P Bass humbucker will be included in the sale. Other upgrades include a change from the John East/ACG filter system to a new Uni Pre 4, the addition of a hipshot xtender key and a 2nd series/single/parallel switch for the new neck humbucker (pickup and switch installed by the amazing Chris McIntyre of McIntyre guitars in Edinburgh). Although it doesn't tend to mean anything when selling a guitar (never fails to baffle me!), it's worth nothing that these upgrade costs, including installation from Chris, amounted to £500+.

Specs:

White limba body in faded trans blue/grey/green finish (tricky one to describe, the pics will do a better job but it's gorgeous!),
3 piece wengé/ash neck with wengé fretboard,
satin finish and luminlay dots (charging torch included, tried to photograph these as best as I could in the dying Scottish light!).
Hipshot type B bridge, Gotoh GB720 tuners (inc. hipshot xtender key [£74 delivered from Bass Direct at the moment])
AC RFB neck humbucker, AC FB bridge humbucker (inc. spare AC PB humbucker)
John East Uni Pre 4 Preamp
Series/single/parallel switch for each pickup 
Currently sporting La Bella 760FS flatwounds (if you'd prefer roundwound let me know and I'll put a fresh set on)

Inc. Hiscox hardcase.

Cosmetic patter: 

As mentioned in the initial blurb, there are some 'been gigged' scratches and dings here and there, with the most apparent being on the upper horn. Some dings on the the fretboard too, but nothing that affects playability at all.

Edited by Me And My Bass