Why become a member? ×

1974 Fender Precision Bass Candy Apple Red SOLD
£2450

Hi All,

Up for sale is my late 73 / early 74 Fender P in its original custom colour Candy Apple Red with its OHSC.  Super light at 8.5lbs.

Mojo is the watchword here - if you are searching for a terrific relic with a players past.....look no further !!

This bass looks as cool as they come and has clearly been lovingly played for many years - just look at the pics below.  Dings, dongs, buckle-rash, edge wear, finish loss etc on both neck and body.

It has had the pups re-wound (at Gruhn Guitars, Nashville) and plays and sounds enormous with a low action all the way up the twiddly end - the pick guard is a repro and the nut has been replaced.

The frets have plenty of life left - difficult to say if its had a refret (the tangs look untouched) but let's assume yes....or at least a decent fret dress.  You would imagine so with this level of play wear on the bass itself.

The original case is in decent condition (all 3 latches work) - the handle is taped and it has some band name markings on it sprayed by a previous owner.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or to arrange to come and view / play with no obligation whatsoever.

Cheers, Si

Cdhrog.jpg

Tjr4e5.jpg

q8pCpZ.jpg

QZncIi.jpg

FrgyHI.jpg

zD8onS.jpg

5Nn2Oc.jpg

sDOSGH.jpg

3G4r1P.jpg

L8pFtk.jpg

T0i9C9.jpg