Why become a member? ×

Jazz bass pull pot wiring help

MrTea

Picked up a control plate on here a while back and finally got around to installing it with what I thought was the right configuration but having plugged it in I’m not sure!

photo should be attached below - the bottom white wire goes to the neck pickup, the other white the bridge pickup and the blue comes from the tone pot. 

Any help much appreciated!

D431DDA5-9F88-4BE4-8AD1-4F958EB888FB.jpeg

I have sound out in all the variations but it just doesn’t sound right. It might be a phase thing. With both pickups on full if you then dial down the bridge a bit it sounds like it’s going out of phase.

The tone pot also only seems to be very off or on - there doesn’t seem to be much range - you can dial it right down then suddenly it cuts the top end. That could be my imagination but that’s how it feels. 

Also, with the push pot up, the sound isn’t really any different to just the neck pick up. That might be expected but I thought they’d be more difference.

Sorry if the description isn’t very clear - it’s hard to describe. 

Thanks - looking at this again I think the black from my neck pickup needs to be moved to be on the centre right lug on the push pull pot (at the moment I think I have it going to ground). I'll try that later and see if that helps. Cheers.