Why become a member? ×

Is this acceptable for a new Ibanez? (Fit and finish issues) UPDATE

Shockwave

5 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Was that Ibanez UK?

The guitar has been sent back. I haven't sent the shop a reply to their message. Ball is in their court. 

Yup, I emailed them nd got a reply back within an hour and the issue was sorted the same day. The person I was dealing with at PMT went from very unhelpful to sorting the problem very quickly which suggests something happened behind the scenes. I then got an email from Ibanez Uk to check I was happy with the outcome. Very impressed, especially as it was on a £220 bass I had bought as a present for a relative not a super expensive one by any stretch.

Cheers mate. 

Really they should give the benefit of the doubt. Put things into my perspective, I purchased a guitar, took the neck off to adjust the angle of the neck in a setup only to find a fault in the neck. I couldn't have known about the fault unless I took the neck off. Therefore I was sold a broken guitar but now I cannot get a refund because why?...

I should also mention I bought this through ebay. Pretty sure I may have some extra protections as the buyer because of this. 

20 hours ago, Shockwave said:

... I should also mention I bought this through ebay. Pretty sure I may have some extra protections as the buyer because of this. 

Maybe some folk sell stuff on eBay that they'd rather not put on the sales floor?

With both neck and body faulty, I'm wondering if this situation could come about by building a composite bass of parts from multiple faulty basses? Put on eBay to get their stock cleaned up.

Not that a good reputable company like this supplier would EVER dream of doing this, naturally.

Just now, Grangur said:

Maybe some folk sell stuff on eBay that they'd rather not put on the sales floor?

With both neck and body faulty, I'm wondering if this situation could come about by building a composite bass of parts from multiple faulty basses? Put on eBay to get their stock cleaned up.

Not that a good reputable company like this supplier would EVER dream of doing this, naturally.

I think that's probably not the case. Especially with the matching headstock. But who knows! I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that one!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I think that's probably not the case. Especially with the matching headstock. But who knows! I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that one!

Fair point, depends on how many of a particular instrument they sell.

Truth is, the split in the neck would be easy to fix. Not that I'm saying you should have to.

Its a shame they didn't even offer an apology for it being faulty. A little courtesy goes a long way and would have shown they were a genuine customer focused shop. 

Have to say i had good dealings with them where they went out of their way to help someone that wasn't even a customer or even buying for that matter.

At least its resolved in a god way for you and that's what counts.

So what ye buying now then xD

5 hours ago, charic said:

@Shockwave did you ever hear back from Ibanez? Might be worth linking them this thread :)

Nope, not a peep out of them!

19 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Its a shame they didn't even offer an apology for it being faulty. A little courtesy goes a long way and would have shown they were a genuine customer focused shop. 

Have to say i had good dealings with them where they went out of their way to help someone that wasn't even a customer or even buying for that matter.

At least its resolved in a god way for you and that's what counts.

So what ye buying now then xD

No idea what I am to replace with at the moment :)

With all large companies, amazing response or adequate can all come down to which Customer Services person opens your email. Staff changes happen, instructions from above can also change things too.

Also, one person can be thrilled at getting quick response at them sending out a new volume knob. Another, hearing that, can be disappointed when they don't jump to send out a new replacement bass. "Life is like a box of chocolates."

3 hours ago, Grangur said:

With all large companies, amazing response or adequate can all come down to which Customer Services person opens your email. Staff changes happen, instructions from above can also change things too.

Also, one person can be thrilled at getting quick response at them sending out a new volume knob. Another, hearing that, can be disappointed when they don't jump to send out a new replacement bass. "Life is like a box of chocolates."

What specifically was wrong with your chocolates?