Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash 5 Feat. Basschat Custom Bass Show 1 - 05/05/2018

Si600

Guest MoJo

Great fun had by all at the bash today. Huge thanks to @Si600 for organising and running the event. Thoroughly enjoyed the veneering demo by @Andyjr1515 and the talks by @Jabba_the_gut and @Norris. Fell in love with a '59 Precision (below) and had my eyes opened to the world of short scale basses. Blown away by the quality of the workmanship in Norris' hand-built Telecaster. Looking forward to doing it all again next year

59_PBass.thumb.jpg.40deb85855c90f280cfedd353becbfa5.jpg

Edited by MoJo
Photo added

Thanks to @Si600 for organising this. Nice to meet up with everyone again and trying a few new bits of kit, in particular @Lee-Man's Precision and @prowla's Rik. Always good to see @Lee-Man playing  my basses as I get to hear how nice they can sound in the hands of someone who really knows what they are doing!!I

See you next year!!

12 hours ago, MoJo said:

Great fun had by all at the bash today. Huge thanks to @Si600 for organising and running the event. Thoroughly enjoyed the veneering demo by @Andyjr1515 and the talks by @Jabba_the_gut and @Norris. Fell in love with a '59 Precision (below) and had my eyes opened to the world of short scale basses. Blown away by the quality of the workmanship in Norris' hand-built Telecaster. Looking forward to doing it all again next year

59_PBass.thumb.jpg.40deb85855c90f280cfedd353becbfa5.jpg

Well said.

I'm in complete agreement.

All good. Some great basses on display again. I've not seen so many Ric and Ric-a-likes in one place for a long time. Playing Andy's beautiful fretless with the side dots in the correct positions was a revelation. I think I get it now.

My bass Ukelele amused a few people too.

It was lovely to see you all again, many thanks for coming, there wouldn't have been a bash otherwise! I hadn't appreciated the bank holiday which may have impacted on numbers slightly.

Especial and heartfelt thanks to @Andyjr1515, @Jabba_the_gut and @Norris for agreeing to speak to us and give a little insight into how they do things.

How to top that next year!