Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash 5 Feat. Basschat Custom Bass Show 1 - 05/05/2018

Si600

1 minute ago, T-Bay said:

I will, hoping I can make it but will depend on the gig the day before and a possible extra one that weekend as well.

I can understand the notion of attending an event populated entirely by bassists might not go down as well as a hair of the dog that bit you the night before but you must have a set of ear defenders somewhere.

If you aren't finished your Thunderclone bring it anyway.  Andyjr and Norris both brought parts of projects with them last year.

• Like 1

The room is booked until 1700.  There is going to be an Announcement later regarding the bash.

Also, feel free to bring part projects, as long as they're relevant.  I'm happy to look at partly restored Group B rally cars but it doesn't really fit :P

Edited by Si600
  • Like 1

We haven't had a list of who's bringing what yet. I think most people have seen my stuff already, but I might bring my lad's gear down. Ampeg BA-108 - which is a great little practice/small gig amp and his Yamaha TRBX305 5-stringer

35 minutes ago, Si600 said:

1. Si600 - Nothing.  You've already seen all my stuff and if the weather is nice I want to get the bike out :)

2. Norris - Ampeg BA-108 and Yamaha TRBX305. Oh, and the completed Nozcaster :)

Edited by Norris

37 minutes ago, Si600 said:

Go on then...

1. Si600 - Nothing.  You've already seen all my stuff and if the weather is nice I want to get the bike out :)

2. Norris - Ampeg BA-108 and Yamaha TRBX305

3. SpondonBassed - Pitbull IB5 (bass built from kit) if I can blag a lift and return for Enderby

Edited by SpondonBassed

Just checked the location, it's on my route out of Leicester when we rehearse there (in the centre). If the planned rehearsal on the 5th comes through, we usually finish by four, so I might be able to pop in on my way back to the M69. It looks to be just a couple of hundred yards out of my usual way home.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to hammer out a deal by which I can get away for a few hours on my missus's birthday to attend. Could make Brexit negotiations look straightforward by comparison.

If i do come I'll bring my old vintage Fender P and my Jack Casady bass.

The big MBB5 Announcement.

Three of Basschat's most illustrious luthiers will be speaking at the MBB5 during the afternoon.  Timings will be announced on the day.
The topics are loosely going to be:

Andyjr1515 - How to finish your bass and avoid gluing veneer to the dining table.
Jabba_the_gut - How to make a bass out of anything, including recycled sawdust.
Norris - Tools, and how to not to cut your fingers off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

Go on then...

2. Norris - Ampeg BA-108 and Yamaha TRBX305

3. SpondonBassed - Pitbull IB5 (bass built from kit) if I can blag a lift and return for Enderby

4. Andyjr1515 - Kert's Camphor Singlecut; Pete's EB-3 tribute; Pete's Piccolo Bass

4 hours ago, MoJo said:

I like the idea of the luthiers giving a talk each. I'm quite tempted

If all goes to plan, I will be doing a live demonstration of veneering a bass body top.  If all doesn't go to plan, I'll be demo-ing how to light a BBQ using a sheet of veneer and a wrecked bass body. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

If all goes to plan, I will be doing a live demonstration of veneering a bass body top.  If all doesn't go to plan, I'll be demo-ing how to light a BBQ using a sheet of veneer and a wrecked bass body. xD

I’ll bring the marshmallows!

• Haha 1