Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash 5 Feat. Basschat Custom Bass Show 1 - 05/05/2018

Si600

2 hours ago, ricksterphil said:

I would have but I can't go now as we're away that weekend and I forgot to tell 'er indoors about this

Sorry dude..hopefully see you on the 19th at Gilesfest

Thanks for considering anyway.

Can you PM me with the expected start time for your set in Borrowash please?

I was hoping to get there again this year but earlier than last time but have just had a gig come in for that evening. No idea what time we start or where it is yet but if there is time before I have to head off for gig or if it's on the way I will drop by with my Alembic Series I 5 stringer.

I also picked up a fairly cheap Chinese Fender telecaster bass (the one with the two mudbuckers in middle of pic) if anyone wants to see the reasonable build quality of Chinese Fenders these days. Fitted with flats currently for some suitably low end thuddy stuff. I'm not planning bringing any back line so hopefully some kind soul will loan use of their rig if anyone wants to try the basses I bring. From what I recall of other meetings is theres often too much ampage in use anyway.

butter.jpg

Edited by KevB
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Si600 said:

It's next week! *squeeeee!*

With 8 people on the list, it's going to be very quiet...

Twelve* members have checked in on the events page to say they are going,
Five maybes
Two have declined.

*Although I'd love to go, I'm not sure yet.

On 28/04/2018 at 17:31, Si600 said:

It's next week! *squeeeee!*

With 8 people on the list, it's going to be very quiet...

Anymore people definitely coming to make it a bit louder?!! If so, please add to this thread.

Cheers

Edited by Jabba_the_gut

1 hour ago, Eboclive said:

I will try to make it along.
Not sure of bringing basses, as if weather is good, I may come on the bike.
If weather is not so good, maybe a 5 string Wal? Fretted or fretless?

I love Wals!  Fretted, fretless, don't mind!!!!  :)

Guest MoJo

Put me down as a 'might attend'. I don't think I own anything that anyone might be interested in, so I will probably just bring myself

On 14/04/2018 at 18:53, Len_derby said:

Si600 - Nothing.  You've already seen all my stuff and if the weather is nice I want to get the bike out :)

2. Norris - Ampeg BA-108 and Yamaha TRBX305

3. SpondonBassed - Pitbull IB5 (bass built from kit) if I can blag a lift and return for Enderby

4. Andyjr1515 - Kert's Camphor Singlecut; Pete's EB-3 tribute; Pete's Piccolo Bass

5. Jabba_the_gut - Some self build basses, Blackline 250 head and TC RS112 cabs

6. Harryburke360 - the return of the red jazz bass, should act as a "here's one I made earlier" for Andy. Also probably the Shatesbury Rick 4001 Copy as long as no representative of the Hall family is invited.

7.jebroad- progress of 20” midget, dingwall combustion and cake. 

8. Len_Derby. Andyjr155's roadie 😉

@Si600

I'm a bit confused.

We have this topic which has a list of names (quoted above) that does not tally with the names at the events page where there are a few more than here.

I think some members are choosing one or other web page but not both.

Remaining optimistic, I hope to see you there on Saturday

Hmmm - it's a 2-hour drive for me, but I might make a call on the day as to whether to go.

It'd be good to see the Shafty again; sadly my Hondo II faker isn't yet operational, but I might bring along a couple of other P & J builds and maybe my '78 Ric restoration.

I'm always on the lookout for parts if anybody has surplus.

So I'm a maybe...

On 23/04/2018 at 12:17, jazzyvee said:

I was hoping to get there again this year but earlier than last time but have just had a gig come in for that evening. No idea what time we start or where it is yet but if there is time before I have to head off for gig or if it's on the way I will drop by with my Alembic Series I 5 stringer.

I have to head out at 14:00 for a gig at The Avenue in Chesterfield with Musical Youth. If anyone is up that way and going to the gig, feel free to come over and have a nerdy basschat. I'm tame and approachabe even though I look serious when on stage. 

13 hours ago, prowla said:

Hmmm - it's a 2-hour drive for me, but I might make a call on the day as to whether to go.

It'd be good to see the Shafty again; sadly my Hondo II faker isn't yet operational, but I might bring along a couple of other P & J builds and maybe my '78 Ric restoration.

I'm always on the lookout for parts if anybody has surplus.

So I'm a maybe...

Come on Paul, theres CAKE!!!!

It's looking good for today.

My ex-weight-lifting lorry-driver (retired) housemate Jack has baked a couple of batches of chocolate chip and walnut cookies.  His biggest worry is sitting around for too long with his arthritis so I hope to hang out for the presentations but I'm prepared to cut loose if he's getting uncomfortable.

Come and say hello.  He's into home built ukuleles but we can forgive him that.

1 minute ago, SpondonBassed said:

It's looking good for today.

My ex-weight-lifting lorry-driver (retired) housemate Jack has baked a couple of batches of chocolate chip and walnut cookies.  His biggest worry is sitting around for too long with his arthritis so I hope to hang out for the presentations but I'm prepared to cut loose if he's getting uncomfortable.

Come and say hello.  He's into home built ukuleles but we can forgive him that.

That's good news John.

I'm bringing along my bass Uke. It's only a cheapy, but should amuse Jack 😄

• Like 1