Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Super Compact, Two 10 or something else

PatrickJ

Hi Guys,. I'm looking for some thoughts on the Barefaced cabinet range.

I'm considering a new cabinet, possibly a barefaced option. 

My current set up consists of a GK MB500 head (used as a power amp, with a Tech21 BFR as the Pre-amp) partnered with either a Hartke Hydrive 112 cabinet for rehearsals, or a GK CX410 for the few gigs I've done. The Hartke cab came with the head as a combo package but I'm not sure I like it that much. I certainly prefer the 410 but the size makes it impractical to take out to rehearsals and is a bit overkill for the size gigs I've been playing and are ever likely to play. 

Looking at Barefaced product range I couldn't decide whether the Super Compact or the Two 10 would be a better fit. I like the idea of the Two 10 given my preference for the CX410 but I understand it's voiced to be retro and so there might be some additional coloring added to my tone that the Super Compact might not give. 

I couldn't find a comparison demo between the two, does any one have any thoughts or experiences.

What non-barefaced alternatives exist, i'm aware of TKS and obviously all the major brands such as Peavy, GK, Ampeg - does anything particularly stand out.

I've been using 2 SC's for 2 years and they create a massive bass sound with either my Aguilar TH500 or AG700. I also have a Two10 which has only done 1 small-ish gig, maybe a comparison with the SC's is soon, but again it was a great sound.

Where are you? Anywhere near SW London/Surrey? You could hear mine.

I'd drop Alex at Barefaced an email and ask his advice. He's pretty good at working out which of his cabs would do the best job.

• Like 1

My thoughts on this are that as you like the GK 410 why not see if there is a smaller GK cab that would fit the bill. But if BF is the way to go I think the advice to drop Alex a line is the best, he`s not one to recommend one of his cabs to get a sale, only if it will be fit for what the user wants.

18 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I'd drop Alex at Barefaced an email and ask his advice. He's pretty good at working out which of his cabs would do the best job.

Yup, I've done this to get his thoughts.  My post is actually a slightly reworked version of the e-mail I sent through to Barefaced.

23 minutes ago, chris_b said:

Where are you? Anywhere near SW London/Surrey? You could hear mine.

I really appreciate the offer.  I live in South Herts, right on the M25 so a SW London / Surrey trip is not too much of a stretch.  I may well take you up on that.

13 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

My thoughts on this are that as you like the GK 410 why not see if there is a smaller GK cab that would fit the bill. 

GK do a 2x10 version of the CX410.  It's also considerably cheaper so it's definitely a viable alternative if BF isn't the right option.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have a supercompact and the sound is really clear and articulate, good volume also. 

But I have the doubt if a two ten could sound louder and plenty of sound with a band better than supercompact because have 2 cones and bigger size. What do you think please? Thanks