Why become a member? ×

Bass Overdrive / Distortion

Charla

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Nice (particularly for the price). Do you not what the shelf frequencies are for the High and Low pass are and how much of dB cut it provides with these?

No idea Al. Boght it used and got no info with it. Good little pedal though. Will see what it's like at volume but no reason to think it won't do the job.

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Nice (particularly for the price). Do you not what the shelf frequencies are for the High and Low pass are and how much of dB cut it provides with these?

Afraid I don't think they're high- or low-pass filters.  It is "high peak mode" and "low peak mode".

hustle.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ProjeKtWEREWOLF said:

Ooh. My missus has an OCD  clone somewhere. I will have to give it a whirl. Nice demo by the way.

Yeh just drop that into the conversation, why don't you? You've got a missus who's into some serious bass gear! Dang, I've gotta get me one of those! Maybe keep a look out in the FS 'other musically related stuff' section I guess...:D

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

Afraid I don't think they're high- or low-pass filters.  It is "high peak mode" and "low peak mode".

hustle.png

Cheers for clarifying that. Getting a HPF and LPF thrown in for something that is £37 new would be like ridiculously good value!

Edited by Al Krow

5 hours ago, Japhet said:

Just picked up a Mooer Hustle on ebay for £23. First impressions are rather good. It's an OCD clone for anyone interested and has a High/Low Pass Filter toggle switch. Looking forward to giving it a proper run out. Here's a Youtube clip;

I like the sound of that!

Do you find that changing the drive setting alters a lot the volume? I mean, yes, it will affect the volume but is it so much that small changes in drive will make you change the volume too?

I have a Joyo Ultimate Drive which is based on the OCD as well and sounds nice... but when I need to adjust the drive, the volume either drops or increases a lot even for relatively small changes in drive... which makes adjusting it while playing live a little more complicated. I'd love it if the volume change weren't as drastic. On the video the changes in volume sound reasonable but there could be a lot of compression going on...

What do you think?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mcnach said:

I like the sound of that!

Do you find that changing the drive setting alters a lot the volume? I mean, yes, it will affect the volume but is it so much that small changes in drive will make you change the volume too?

I have a Joyo Ultimate Drive which is based on the OCD as well and sounds nice... but when I need to adjust the drive, the volume either drops or increases a lot even for relatively small changes in drive... which makes adjusting it while playing live a little more complicated. I'd love it if the volume change weren't as drastic. On the video the changes in volume sound reasonable but there could be a lot of compression going on...

What do you think?

Haven't had a chance to use it in anger yet but it does have a volume control so you can adjust the output to suit. Like I said, I paid £23 for mine off ebay so it's a real no brainer if you think it might work for you. I use it through a Precision (Tokai actually) and the sound on the Youtube demo is very accurate. I play finger style with flats so it takes a bit more drive to get the sound but it's all there. I've paid a lot more for pedals that (I suspect) weren't half as good.

Edited by Japhet

On 3/8/2018 at 09:16, Japhet said:

Haven't had a chance to use it in anger yet but it does have a volume control so you can adjust the output to suit. Like I said, I paid £23 for mine off ebay so it's a real no brainer if you think it might work for you. I use it through a Precision (Tokai actually) and the sound on the Youtube demo is very accurate. I play finger style with flats so it takes a bit more drive to get the sound but it's all there. I've paid a lot more for pedals that (I suspect) weren't half as good.

I know it has a volume, but the pedal I mentioned earlier was too sensitive. If I wanted to quickly increase or lower gain *a little bit*, I'd have to readjust the volume too, which is not so easy while on the go, as a small tweak made my bass inaudible or too loud. Most overdrive pedals will also increase the volume when turning gain up, but not an increase that would be problematic. So just wondering how sensitive this pedal is.

21 hours ago, mcnach said:

I know it has a volume, but the pedal I mentioned earlier was too sensitive. If I wanted to quickly increase or lower gain *a little bit*, I'd have to readjust the volume too, which is not so easy while on the go, as a small tweak made my bass inaudible or too loud. Most overdrive pedals will also increase the volume when turning gain up, but not an increase that would be problematic. So just wondering how sensitive this pedal is.

Oh right, I'm with you now. The volume control on the pedal is a tiny little thing and is very sensitive. i have it very low to give a unity gain with my other pedals. The gain control is far less sensitive and can be adjusted without greatly increasing or decreasing volume - at least that's how it works for me. You wouldn't want to try to alter the tiny volume and tone controls in a gig situation but you should be OK to alter the gain within reason.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Japhet said:

Oh right, I'm with you now. The volume control on the pedal is a tiny little thing and is very sensitive. i have it very low to give a unity gain with my other pedals. The gain control is far less sensitive and can be adjusted without greatly increasing or decreasing volume - at least that's how it works for me. You wouldn't want to try to alter the tiny volume and tone controls in a gig situation but you should be OK to alter the gain within reason.

Not the answer my wallet wanted to hear... but fortunately it's a cheap pedal ;) Thank you! :)

I must try one of these. The sound seems right and the size is perfect... 

On 12/03/2018 at 12:13, Japhet said:

well, I bought one now :)

ebay