Why become a member? ×

Which Ext Cab for Public Transport Travel?

Number6

So folks,

I really need to pick up a cab that i can travel around London with on public transport.

So i have and Ashdown Superfly and a TC Electronic BG208. I use the Ashdown as my main amp and the built in TC E as my back up. I now need a teeny weeny ext cab that i can put on the trolley with them and still travel about.

You don't seem to be able to pick up the Eden 1x10s anymore which would have been quite suitable. Another alternative is a Phil Jones 4x5 cab i suppose.

Anyway BCers.....the floor is open???

:)

It has to be the traditional Barefaced One10 recommendation. I`m selling an Ashdown RM112 which would pair nicely with the Superfly but it might be just that little bit too big (it`s not massive, just a regular 1x12), whereas the BF will fit the requirements nicely.

• Like 1

Another, very happy, owner of a Barefaced One10 here.

When I collected mine, Alex said he was really confident the One10 would easily handle high output and be good for some surprisingly large gigs.

Edited by Grangur

Years ago I got a Genz Benz STL-10T.  *Slightly* smaller than the One10 and about the same weight.  Prodigious output, but not enough for a loud band in a big venue (surprise).

If I were buying now, I'd probably go for the One10.  The Midget might be more capable, but it's bigger, heavier, and double the price.  The extra weight alone could well preclude it from your target use.

I use a laptop bag for the head (TC RH450) & gubbins.  That makes everything a manageable carry - bass on the back, laptop bag over the shoulder, and cab in hand.  For the first time in my life, the bass was the heaviest item and the cab was the lightest....

298806_10150409660452868_1239378804_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

I use my one10 on public transport for small to medium gigs.  If I need more volume I take the Super Midget.

Both are great, but the Super Midget can handle a lot more volume, if that's what you need.

For most of my gigs, the one10 is enough, especially if PA support is there.

Frank.

• Thanks 1