Number6

Which Ext Cab for Public Transport Travel?

So folks,

I really need to pick up a cab that i can travel around London with on public transport.

So i have and Ashdown Superfly and a TC Electronic BG208. I use the Ashdown as my main amp and the built in TC E as my back up. I now need a teeny weeny ext cab that i can put on the trolley with them and still travel about.

You don't seem to be able to pick up the Eden 1x10s anymore which would have been quite suitable. Another alternative is a Phil Jones 4x5 cab i suppose.

Anyway BCers.....the floor is open???

:)

It has to be the traditional Barefaced One10 recommendation. I`m selling an Ashdown RM112 which would pair nicely with the Superfly but it might be just that little bit too big (it`s not massive, just a regular 1x12), whereas the BF will fit the requirements nicely.

• Like 1

There’s also the Markbass Traveller series cabs too (something in the name). 

• Like 1

Another, very happy, owner of a Barefaced One10 here.

When I collected mine, Alex said he was really confident the One10 would easily handle high output and be good for some surprisingly large gigs.

Edited by Grangur

7 minutes ago, OmeDunk said:

I use a barefaced midget when I travel with public transport

Yep, I suspect a Super Midget will give some of the best size-to-power ratio money can buy

If you get one it will fit in a cajon bag along with your amp and cables. I carry mine in a cajon bag by hand but it also came with shoulder straps

• Like 1

Years ago I got a Genz Benz STL-10T.  *Slightly* smaller than the One10 and about the same weight.  Prodigious output, but not enough for a loud band in a big venue (surprise).

If I were buying now, I'd probably go for the One10.  The Midget might be more capable, but it's bigger, heavier, and double the price.  The extra weight alone could well preclude it from your target use.

I use a laptop bag for the head (TC RH450) & gubbins.  That makes everything a manageable carry - bass on the back, laptop bag over the shoulder, and cab in hand.  For the first time in my life, the bass was the heaviest item and the cab was the lightest....

298806_10150409660452868_1239378804_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

I use my one10 on public transport for small to medium gigs.  If I need more volume I take the Super Midget.

Both are great, but the Super Midget can handle a lot more volume, if that's what you need.

For most of my gigs, the one10 is enough, especially if PA support is there.

Frank.

• Thanks 1

I guess we need to consider the Trace 1x10 that’s just come out, I’m planning to get one this year, haven’t tried yet though

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 6feet7
      Price drop to £875 / Sensible offers
      An absolutely stunning example with matching headstock Maruszczyk Jake 5+ P/MM that is around 7lbs / 3.2Kg in weight,
      Fitted with passive Delano MC5 HE/M2 and PC5 HE/M2 pickups and comes with a Hiscox hard case.
      New D'Addario nickel rounds fitted but I can include some used DR Sunbeams if you'd prefer.
      18mm string spacing at the bridge
      No trades
      Couriers are still delivering at the moment, so posting isn’t an issue.
      If you've ever wanted a lightweight 5 stringer that weighs so little that a 2 or 3 hour set leaves little to no impression on your ageing shoulders, then this is the bass to have

• By SurroundedByManatees
      Gibson G3 1976
      Nice old black Gibson G3. This bass was made in 1976, of course in the USA. 

It's just a terrific playing and sounding bass with a voice of its own. Action goes low on this one, so it is really easy playing. The G3 has a rather clear and aggressive sound, which can be great for various styles. I've played it with rounds as well as flats, and it sounds great with both. It's a pretty light bass; my kitchen scale tells me it's weighing 3,65kg. 
      A few more pics:

As you can see, the G3 is in a good shape for its age. It has a few small damages and some wear on the back of the neck, but overall it looks pretty clean. I've had people thinking it to be some kind of reissue a few times 😄
      This bass plays really well and allows low action. The neck is straight and adjustable, and all hardware and electronics work like they should. Fretwork is good too. Apart from the strap buttons, all should be original. The intonation screws have been changed for shorter ones by the previous owner, but I've got the originals included in a little bag. 
      This bass comes with it's original case, which is in very good shape too. Also some original paperwork is included. New Dean Markley strings have been fitted last week. 
      As much as I love the playability and sounds of this bass, I rarely play it due to other sound preferences band-wise. I think it left the house about 5 times since I got it a year ago... So let's see if I can swap it for something different that I'll be using more. 
      Price €1.500
      The bass is located in the Netherlands, but could be shipped insured at buyers risk/expense. 
      Trades/partial trades are welcome. I would be mainly interested in a good 2eq Stingray with lacquered full maple neck (like early 90s, would love a honeyburst).
      Some other example of what I may like; a good precision (Squier jv/sq, quality copy), jazz bass special, early 80s precision special, good "lawsuit" era stuff, fretless 70s fender precision, effects... I am into 4 string basses, fretted or fretless. Usually I like traditionally styled stuff. 
      Pm if you have any questions or an interesting proposal. 
    • By Oldman
      I acquired these two cabs in a trade late last year, Mike Arnopol Soundworks, I’d never heard of him either, but after researching his Facebook page, website and the various threads I decided I had to have a shot of them before I committed to his single Cab Bodai solution. 

I replaced the strap handles, feet (New ‘T’ nuts) and did a “Blacky” on them.
      Rehearsed with them prior to this work and was impressed with the bottom end from what are (albeit long throw drivers) 6.5” Speakers, a MAS 26 with 2 x  Faitel tweeters per cab as can be seen. Looks to be 255 Watts per 8 Ohm cab. Clarity is exceptional as you would expect and weighing in at 11.5Kg each a one handed lift into the gig, one in each hand even.

Imported new in 2016 by bassface https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/364554-mas-2x6-cab-in-8ohm-x-2-incredible-boutique-cabs-trades-welcome/#comments at a cost of some £1,300.00 quid they came to me in excellent nick and sound lovely, smooth with sufficient punch to belie the somewhat minuscule dimensions of:
      Height: 660mm (26”), Width: 203mm (8”), Depth: 355mm (14”) and only 11.5Kg’s.
      Mike Arnopol seems to have reduced his product line, when I first checked him out on his WWW there was a raft of variations on his cabs and the patented system. I’m sure further info is out there on Talkbass and he’s quite ‘vocal’ on Facebook and other social media.

Any questions, please ask, prefer to sell as a pair although selling a singleton might be an option. Trades, try me but really after that MAS single cab solution so cash is king.
      Thanks for looking, oh, 😱 I nearly forgot, check this configuration out
      Bizarre, but workable. The pole can be cut down accordingly. That’s 12.5Kgs of 1U 650 Watts of MOSFET thunder on top. One cab connecting with floor and the other in yer lug, well nearly.

• By drewm
      Now sold.

Pair of nice lightweight (ish) great sounding Aguilar cabs with Roqsolid covers. One has a horn, and one doesn't. Both are 8ohm.
      Bought from @molan back in 2011, so they have good basschat provenance. My understanding is that they were always a pair. I added the covers and have only lightly gigged them since. Still love them, but they're not being used and I'm planning a house move, so time to move them along.
      Both are in good condition with minimal wear and tear, just the usual working scuffs and carpet ruffle you'd expect from 10 year old cabs. I've noticed the covers have a few light marks from being sat up next to the wall.
      Photos include visible damage to one of the Aguilar badges. 
      Open to reasonable offers, and willing to ship, meet in Bristol area, or drive and meet somewhere on the M4 or M5 corridors.