Why become a member? ×

New Original Rock Bands??

Pinball

On 1/4/2018 at 08:54, Roger2611 said:

I have to disagree with the point "people don't flock to see bands anymore" 

Very true, I think this makes more sense to those of that were around in the 60s & 70s. Bands were a novalty. 

If there was a club with  any 3  knuckleheads standing on stage with electric guitars the place would be packed.

Also playing in a rock band meant a lot more to the ladies back then too. And not just because we were young and beautiful back then.

I have buddies that are always on me because they can't understand how I can be in a gigging Rock band and not have all sorts of opportunities with the ladies.

First if all I'm 64 years old, second I'm shy around women and 3rd I contend nobody gives a  &**t about guys in bands anymore.:)

Sorry about my rant.

Blue

Edited by Bluewine

once you remove any idea of making money, or even breaking even, playing originals can be fun. We put our live recordings online for free, why bother trying to sell them, nobody cares.

Venues don't pay original bands around here.

Why is the money a punter out to see a DJ or coverband spends on beer worth more than a punter buying beers at an original band's show?

5 minutes ago, bazzbass said:

once you remove any idea of making money, or even breaking even, playing originals can be fun. We put our live recordings online for free, why bother trying to sell them, nobody cares.

Venues don't pay original bands around here.

Why is the money a punter out to see a DJ or coverband spends on beer worth more than a punter buying beers at an original band's show?

In my neck of the woods, punters that go to originals shows don't have any money.

Blue

nah here, the punters have money, but the only pubs with original bands don't have pokies, so can't splurge on bands. If only our punters could come to your pubs....it'd be win win lol, of course, you'd have to put some beers in the fridge! (and no, NOT FOSTERS)

EDIT, I assumed you were in the UK :) apologies if you're not

Edited by bazzbass

Guest Jecklin

I don't necessarily disagree with points in the OP, however -

I'm not really into rock music, as in guitar led band music, but have come across events run by Chaos Theory here in London.

These are very much "Rock" orientated nights and feature very high quality new/current bands and the target audience is in their 20's.

These aren't bands that would be supporting Aerosmith or necessarily appealing to the 50plus rock fans. This is new music across various genres under the rock umbrella.

I see similar promoters running events in all the big cities.

Although the live music world is unquestionably in flux and potentially trouble, stuff is going on out there