Why become a member? ×

January Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Skol303

1 hour ago, DJpullchord said:

...Is it even possible?...

Create if you've not got one, it's free, a Soundcloud account, then load the file, preferably in MP3 format, to there. Post a link to the Soundcloud track, stand back and admire. If any of that causes issues, post again here with description of the problem and someone is sure to be able to help. B|

Ignorance..? Dunno what that means, innit..? :|

59 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

preferably in MP3 format.

Interesting little read regarding MP3 format and Soundcloud uploads (a couple of minutes).

Near the end of the article, it recommends (possibly), uploading a Wav file. Although, every man and his dog has a theory on Soundcloud and compression it seems.  o.O

I find it all very confusing.

16 hours ago, DJpullchord said:

Can’t find an option to create an account?

Do I need the app?

Do you have access to a computer? If so it's very easy to create an account - the link is in the top right-hand corner of the SoundCloud homepage.

If you're using phone only, then let us know and I'll try ti find a workaround.

15 hours ago, lowdown said:

Interesting little read regarding MP3 format and Soundcloud uploads (a couple of minutes).

Near the end of the article, it recommends (possibly), uploading a Wav file. Although, every man and his dog has a theory on Soundcloud and compression it seems.  o.O

I find it all very confusing.

Me too! I've always just uploaded the highest resolution WAV file that I'm able to muster (usually 24/48 or sometime 24/96) on the blind assumption that the better quality I put in, the better quality that SoundCloud's ham-fisted compression algorithm is likely to put out. But that is literally just guesswork.

...I'd just like to say, given it's the start of the year, how damn good the music has gotten in these monthly challenges (my own notwithstanding).

Seriously. It blows me away each month.

Have a listen at how we all sounded a few years ago and it's even more impressive how far we've come (yeah I need to fix all the links on that page, I know...).

Well done all. Sterling work :drinks:

• Like 1

Well I have just about got something done, which is amazing considering I'm currently suffering a heavy cold and have gone virtually deaf... so maybe not the best mix ever ¬¬

Cheers,

James.

ps dunno how to embed these stupid files !

https://soundcloud.com/foolsjourney/where-the-wild-mushrooms-grow

Edited by Bleat
being a tit

Here is mine

Just drums, guitars and bass

........and shite mastering, ha.

Edit: I have deleted the track as there is a dreadful hiss and hum. I`ll try and amend it this morning, then re post. Hope it is still OK to enter.I have listened to all tracks and must say that they all  great. I have picked two top ones :D

https://soundcloud.com/user-527099495/bass-groove-m-mshrms-re

Edited by SH73
file re attached

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 19:33, Skol303 said:

...I'd just like to say, given it's the start of the year, how damn good the music has gotten in these monthly challenges (my own notwithstanding).

Seriously. It blows me away each month.

Have a listen at how we all sounded a few years ago and it's even more impressive how far we've come (yeah I need to fix all the links on that page, I know...).

Well done all. Sterling work :drinks:

Well, here's the one to bring the average back down. Had the lurgey the last 3 days and finished this off tonight, as i thought i was feeling better. My ears are blocked, so it may sound more weird than even i intended:

Edited by MoonBassAlpha
redid the master on soundcloud
  • Like 1