Why become a member? ×

Can anyone help me with some spares for a Trace Elliot GP12 SMX please?

ForbiddenWytch

Hey everyone

I bought a 1999 built Trace Elliot GP12 SMX yesterday off of a fellow BC member but I need to find a few bits for it. Nothing major but would be nice to have it fully completed again.

Basically, I'm in need of 4 of the tiny black screws that hold the top of the shell on, 1 of the green rubber surrounds for the pots on the front panel (just the rubber spacer that glows round the pots), one of the side carry handles/straps (with screws) and rack ears (again with screws) too. 

If anyone has one of these amps for spares and would sell me these parts then I'd appreciate it. Either that or if someone could point me in the direction of where to get them. I've tried eBay to no avail as well as British Audio Spares who don't have any of these parts.

Thanks

6 hours ago, dudewheresmybass said:

Have you tried contacting trace direct?

its often worth a go 😉

Ime ( with other manufacturers) they will either have the spares or know where to get them 

I hadn't contacted them as my thinking was, with it being a '99 built model and before Gibson or Peavey ever owned the company, I didn't think they'd have the spares for this model as I'm sure they discontinued it when Gibson bought the company, I could be wrong though. I'll fire them a message and see what they say. 

Luckily, turns out I don't need one of the rubber bits (found one on Reverb for £23 but that guy can sod off!) as the guy who had apparently serviced it (yeah, alright) had moved the rubber grommet to the "EQ Balance" pot which doesn't need one due to it being a closed off pot. Just the handle, screws and rack ears it is then!