Why become a member? ×

The Elf club

prowla

Not the Trace Elliot I'd hoped it would be but for the money it's a good little amp. A bit naive to think it would do what the classic TE would do - I'm not unhappy with mine. I think that these will split the Bass owning community - some will never "get it", others will accept it for what it is, good amp in a tiny package, will probably set a new standard for amps to come and will definitely help the evolution of gear in the future.

There are much worse ways of spending £250...

13 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Not the Trace Elliot I'd hoped it would be but for the money it's a good little amp. A bit naive to think it would do what the classic TE would do - I'm not unhappy with mine. I think that these will split the Bass owning community - some will never "get it", others will accept it for what it is, good amp in a tiny package, will probably set a new standard for amps to come and will definitely help the evolution of gear in the future.

There are much worse ways of spending £250...

Well, I just set the dials to 12 o'clock and it sounded good!

But yes, its context is a handy portable hassle-free amp; I don't think it's going to replace a concert pro's backline anytime soon.

If anyone is concerned about the power of this amp then fear not. NYE gig last night and my MB500 died on me at sound check. 

It was a marquee gig with 250 loud punters and no PA support. I got my back up ELF out and it handled the gig fine. I had to push it with gain and volume at 2 o clock but it still sounded clean. Bumped into an old muso friend at the bar and he complemented me on my sound too.

Now to get the MB500 fixed.

2 hours ago, bonzodog said:

If anyone is concerned about the power of this amp then fear not. NYE gig last night and my MB500 died on me at sound check. 

It was a marquee gig with 250 loud punters and no PA support. I got my back up ELF out and it handled the gig fine. I had to push it with gain and volume at 2 o clock but it still sounded clean. Bumped into an old muso friend at the bar and he complemented me on my sound too.

Perfect!

Guest Jecklin
7 hours ago, bonzodog said:

This is exactly the real world experience i want to hear.

For me it's an elf of markbass nano. The markbass edging ahead due to the two band mids.

However either amp would be my Primary. No back ups for my set up

Edited by Jecklin

11 hours ago, bonzodog said:

At least it's worked out for you though it's a pity that your main amp has died. 

If you don't mind me asking what cab were you using?