Why become a member? ×

Midnight chimes

bonzodog

Is anyone  playing this New Year that has to do the midnight ritual of Big Ben. We have done it a few times and ive always struggled to find decent midnight music. I was looking for maybe a countdown followed by the chimes and then an upbeat version of auld lang syne. This gives us time to exchange handshakes before our third set of the night at 12.05am. I've found backing tracks online that are okay but nothing that contains all three of the above. I'd be keen to see what other people use?

1 hour ago, bonzodog said:

Is anyone  playing this New Year that has to do the midnight ritual of Big Ben. We have done it a few times and ive always struggled to find decent midnight music. I was looking for maybe a countdown followed by the chimes and then an upbeat version of auld lang syne. This gives us time to exchange handshakes before our third set of the night at 12.05am. I've found backing tracks online that are okay but nothing that contains all three of the above. I'd be keen to see what other people use?

I worked on the programmes that saw in the New Year on the BBC 1988 & 9, we had those parts pre-recorded a week or two in advance, so the chimes are definitely available, though we had to cut to them live in transmission, which required some accurate timing!

Last NYE my band used the chimes live and then played Auld Sang Syne and morphed it into a hendrix-inspired jam.