Why become a member? ×

They said all those drugs I took in the 80s would catch up with me...

TheGreek

30 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

"I can't really use it, I'm not a professional."

Ok, that's cleared up then.

I know there's nothing on the telly and I really shouldn't be spending my time looking for "post of the week"... but I'm just putting a marker on this one...

16 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Rick Nielsen can't be spinning in his grave for two reasons :

1. He is not dead.

2. Impossible to do with such an instrument without lifting the stone. :biggrin:

Has "lifting the stone" been modified by the profanity filter? :crazy:

And sorry I meant spinning in his gravy, he likes a good roast on a Sunday 

I'm sure that's the one I saw for sale in a tent at a steam rally near Kettering in September (I kid you not). If it wasn't this one it was a very similar configuration - it was definitely a Hutchins branded one in blue. I remember thinking it was an odd configuration to produce.

The guy had quite a few in different configurations from different manufacturers including a Strat/Jazz twin neck that I was prevented from buying by the current Mrs Tazza & it was only £150! Mind you with no way of testing them as he had no amp there it could well be that she saved me from myself!

Not to engage in some form of hideous 'who had more necks' oneupmaship but... I did own this ridiculous 6 necked beast for a year or so a decade ago! At one point (after many beers) 6 of us did attempt to play Hotel California on it. Ahh those where the days! 

20180103_095354.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have actually got a tripleneck bass, made by Krappy Guitars IIRC.  But it does only have six strings :) - three strings on one neck , two on  another, and a single lonely string all on its tod. 

No, I have no idea what it's for either.  Microtuning occurred to me, maybe made to play with several "folk" instruments each with a different fundamental pitch.

Edited by alyctes

Or just for the sheer hell of it! The much controversial Jon Letts built me a 13 string bass a few years ago because we wanted to see if it was possible and if it was useful... yes to the first, no to the latter! Sometimes things just gotta be built! ;)

I have to add that Jon worked damn hard on the below... the neck was a fantastic piece of work, many a hideous problem was overcome before the whole concept became a playable instrument.

20180104_093324.png

Edited by binky_bass
  • Confused 1

Rotosound custom made the strings, a full set of 13 was somewhere around £120, but had to be ordered way in advance as it meant shutting down some of their production line to make them! The thickest string was a G#00 resonating at 17hz and was .257 gauge over a 40" scale. Thinnest string was .007 over a 26" scale. 

Edited by binky_bass