Why become a member? ×

Joyo Orange Juice low end loss? (Does it need to go through a blender?)

Painy

The Orange Juice seems to be referred to generally as bass friendly and the demos on YouTube sound quite Darkglass-like.

Just wondering if anyone knows how it is for low end loss? I had a Knightfall briefly which was a nice drive but, despite reports to the contrary, it still suffered with the typical guitar drive pedal issue so I moved it on.

The Orange Juice looks a bargain but if I've got to spend out on top for a blend pedal to use it with then I may as well just look for a used bk3.

18 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

It depends on how you set the tone controls on the OJ, you can make it sound thin or low end heavy, but I was only using a P bass through headphones... 

Yep. The tone controls are key here but you can get a nice full sound with the right settings. I enjoyed mine quite a lot. Great sounds for very little money, looks cool (as all of the Joyo Ironman series do) and absolutely tiny too. You literally can’t go wrong. If you don’t like it, flip it on here for minimal loss.

Much as Cameronj says. 

With mine I find the best setting for me involves me using the last third of the voice control in order to keep the large amount of low end I use. 

Im a p bass guy as well, and once I found the sound in my rig ( Marshall DBS 7400 and 2 cabs ) it has stayed around 😉😉

Edited by dudewheresmybass
  • Like 1

Pretty much what’s already been said, especially about the voice control. Ive just put a new pedal board together with the OJ at the end, outing my Darkglass VMT as my dirt pedal. 

I’m not sure about loss of low end, but i do find that using it after my BDDI gives me too much low end and ive started backing the low off the BDDI when i use both. 

It’s a very, very nice pedal and I’m amazed (maybe not too much) that for such little outlay it beats the pants of a much more expense boutique pedal. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Pretty much what’s already been said, especially about the voice control. Ive just put a new pedal board together with the OJ at the end, outing my Darkglass VMT as my dirt pedal. 

I’m not sure about loss of low end, but i do find that using it after my BDDI gives me too much low end and ive started backing the low off the BDDI when i use both. 

It’s a very, very nice pedal and I’m amazed (maybe not too much) that for such little outlay it beats the pants of a much more expense boutique pedal. 

I was just thinking this. If it were in a different housing with a different logo people would be throwing 5x as much money at it, no questions asked.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

I was just thinking this. If it were in a different housing with a different logo people would be throwing 5x as much money at it, no questions asked.

Yep. Put it in a generic rough silver case with a ‘cool’ logo on it and people will hear the magic and proclaim the makers the saviour of modern music lol. 

• Like 2