Why become a member? ×

How many Facebook group members does it take to change a spark plug?

ead

Stolen from elsewhere, made me laugh....could easily sub Basschat and some bass related topic I fear!

How many Facebook group members does it take to change a spark plug?

1 to change the spark plug and to post that spark plug has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing spark plugs and how the spark plug could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing spark plugs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing spark plugs.

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "spark plug" is an electrical device threaded into the cylinder of an internal-combustion engine to ignite the fuel mixture by producing timed sparks between electrodes.

2 to post that this group is not about spark plugs and to please take this discussion to a spark plug group.

27 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use spark plugs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.

16 to debate which method of changing spark plugs is superior, where to buy the best spark plugs, what brand of spark plugs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

2 to post URL's where one can see examples of different spark plugs.

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the spark plug controversy.

4 to suggest that posters request the spark plugs FAQ.

16 to post "F".

44 to ask what is a "F"?

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

3 to say "do a Google search on spark plugs before posting questions about spark plugs".

14 to post photos of spark plugs they own.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

• Haha 6

That list could be on any forum anywhere.

52 minutes ago, Chris2112 said:

People say that Facebook groups will be the death of forums. Not without substantial work and refinement they won't, the format doesn't lend itself to conversation and the tone of the discourse is usually pitiable. 

And one of my good reasons for not being on Farcebook

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, alyctes said:

B-cylinder, or C?

Well it was C-reg - but to reference another thread in this sub-forum; it did have a fake "Quattro" logo, and it actually was bloomin' annoying that spark plugs came in multi-packs of 4 

8 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

true, or even Lambretta's, forgot about how many hours I spent cleaning the spark plug in the mistaken belief it would make it run better >:(

8 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Ah, the delights of two strokes, which oil up the plug after 50 miles or so...

I remember the days of cleaning spark plugs on my two stroke motorbikes as well guys, fond memories at that, cheers for the reminders

On 28/12/2017 at 10:42, bazzbass said:

1 to say 'remember when the anti-theft device on cars was to remove the distributor cap and lock it in the boot?".......OK, that'd be ME :)

Mini owner?  By which I mean a proper Mini nit the current abomination.

On 12/28/2017 at 10:42, bazzbass said:

1 to say 'remember when the anti-theft device on cars was to remove the distributor cap and lock it in the boot?".......OK, that'd be ME :)

8 hours ago, ead said:

Mini owner?  By which I mean a proper Mini nit the current abomination.

Another one here, though on occasion took the Dizzy Cap with me!

Also but a switch in the (electric) petrol pump circuit for shorter stops - Thief would get a few hundred yards and then stop.