Why become a member? ×

I thought I was so over the Bass Uke thang........

Owen

10 hours ago, owen said:

Electrics really. Also only one coat of varnish on it as yet. And it needs to be reliced.

I'm with you right up to the point where you mention relicing.

Still, I wish you many happy gigs with it and in, say, five years of use who'd know whether it was road worn or faked?

Edited by SpondonBassed

• 2 months later...

Hi! It is no further than it was in the Bass Bash at the moment. The 5 string set I bought (cos I need a B) turned out to be a 4 strings set and it has taken till now to get the proper set so it is all on hold at the moment :(

9 hours ago, owen said:

Hi! It is no further than it was in the Bass Bash at the moment. The 5 string set I bought (cos I need a B) turned out to be a 4 strings set and it has taken till now to get the proper set so it is all on hold at the moment :(

I can almost hear you chomping at the bit mate.

I am confident that the reward for your patience will be sweet.

2 hours ago, alyctes said:

That's awesome 😍

Is it small enough to play on your arm, like a folk fiddle-player?

Not so peculiar as it might sound...

I searched and I searched but I could not find the clip where a chap plays a full scale electric bass from the shoulder just like he's plucking on a fiddle.  Dang!  I can't remember where I saw the clip but it was about three years ago or more.  If anyone knows the bassist that I am on about please send me a pointer?

11 hours ago, CameronJ said:

This build is all kinds of beautiful! What was total build time? Looks like somewhere in the region of 4 1/2 months judging by the posts?

I have had it since the DB bass bash (waiting for strings and a preamp build) and it has just gone back to Toby. Actual build time has been eyewateringly fast as far as my experience of custom builds goes. It is essentially a prototype so there is a lot of backwards and forwards chat going on.

1 hour ago, owen said:

I guess you could. I did not try that!

Thanks :)  I've been wanting something to do that with for a while; real DB are just too big - my dad played DB; and the first thing he asked about any car he drove was "Can I fit the bass in it?".  And he had a much bigger house than I'm ever going to have.

I guess I could try a viola with an octave pedal, but I'm still hankering after something with a sensible fundamental note - partly because certain guitarists think anyone can play bass, and I don't want to give them ideas...

Edited by alyctes