Why become a member? ×

Paul Steer / Spaced Out

Darcy

Tribute/Charity Gig

Our drummer passed away Sunday 2nd November. Although he was suffering from a terminal illness, it was associated problems that cut his life even shorter.

I had known Paul for 3 or so years, as the drummer in a mates band and only recently when I joined Spaced Out as my co-partner in the Rhythm section.

He had two claims to fame, the first, he had played Wembley Stadium (a good one) and secondly he was the drummer on “Day trip to Bangor” by Fiddlers Dram (no so good :) )

I have played with a few drummers in my time and gelled with a few, but Paul was special, not spectacular and flashy (but he could be), but very solid. The handful of times we played it was great. A connection was there it felt so tight and natural. A perfect partner for a good rhythm section.

A tribute gig is being arranged at Woughton leisure Centre in Milton Keynes on Sunday 14th December (1pm to 6PM) and will included past members of Spaced out and other locals bands, yet to be confirmed.

The MK Citizen has advised us they would give us the front page of the Go magazine. Horizon and 3 Counties radio have said they would cover it.

It will be celebrating Paul’s life and all proceeds are to go to a yet to be confirmed Charity. If you can make it, it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Alec

Watch our website for updates: www.getspacedout.com