Why become a member? ×

NAD Ampeg pf800

basshead56

Santa brought me an upgrade for my pf rig.

Had the 350 for the last 12 months. I loved the sound through the 15 fliptop cab, especially playing with uprights bit found I really had to crank it to get the volume I wanted.

So considered the 800 for a bit before I spotted one pop up for sale second hand at a good price.

Having sold my 350 two days earlier, I was keen!

Arrived Xmas eve so in the spirit of things I did the unthinkable and left it alone till Christmas morning.

Needless to say I was up early attaching it to the cab lid!

Sound: EXACTLY what I was after! Tons more headroom, and the expanded eq section certainly helps. It sounds a touch more SVT than b15 whereas I found the 350 to have a more vintagey tone. But it still has 'That' sound.

Love it!!!!

20171223_175858.jpg

Edited by basshead56

I did consider the 500 too, but for the same money as a new one (wouldn't buy a second hand one down here cause not sure if it would be one of the early ones that were prone to faults or not).

but yeah the eq section is wicked. pretty much just set it flat. haha

8 hours ago, basshead56 said:

Would love to try the 50t! They look awesome and I love the clips of them I've heard so far. Are they loud enough to gig with with a single pf cab?

I can't imagine the 20t would be but I play in a quiet and a loud band and it keeps up with both - probably sits around 4 on the dial with the quieter band and up to 7 with the louder group.