Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

40 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’ve ended up sending the G2M back today. It’s going to have to be some kind of MIDI bass instead. 

IME every single MIDI guitar and bass that I've tried required so much modification of my playing technique, that I ended up learning to play synths using a keyboard instead.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 26/01/2018 at 00:25, BigRedX said:

IME every single MIDI guitar and bass that I've tried required so much modification of my playing technique, that I ended up learning to play synths using a keyboard instead.

The industrial radio midi bass really does seem to buck that particular trend. Still a lot more money than a keyboard though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2017 at 12:56, Woodinblack said:

....., and there is always the Behringer D if you want to try it on a budget!

https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Behringer-Model-D-Analog-Synthesizer-Module/28TD

The release date (on G4M) for this has moved from March, to April then  to 9-16th June. Price is up from 299 to 315, though some still have it listed as 299.

A user manual is here:

https://media.music-group.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0CQJ/MODEL D_M_EN.pdf

7 minutes ago, pfretrock said:

The release date (on G4M) for this has moved from March, to April then  to 9-16th June. Price is up from 299 to 315, though some still have it listed as 299.

A user manual is here:

https://media.music-group.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0CQJ/MODEL D_M_EN.pdf

It's already been released. The keyboard player in one of my bands has one. I think the problem at the moment is they can't make them fast enough to keep up with demand.

If you want one, you'll either need to pre-order one of the next available batch or wait until later in the year when hopefully the demand won't be quite so high (and maybe there will be some on the second hand market).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just traded my mother 32, DAFM, and minitaur for a Subsequent 37 and very much loving it. 

The little boxes are awsome , and different to the sub, but I just wanted one big deep synth with presets since I’m not using the modular stuff in a “performance” way. 

If I need to switch between bass and synth, I need presets. 

Andwith my clumsy sausages  I just find the ARP and sequencing easier on the sub. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonyxtiger said:

I just traded my mother 32, DAFM, and minitaur for a Subsequent 37 and very much loving it. 

The little boxes are awsome , and different to the sub, but I just wanted one big deep synth with presets since I’m not using the modular stuff in a “performance” way. 

If I need to switch between bass and synth, I need presets. 

Andwith my clumsy sausages  I just find the ARP and sequencing easier on the sub. 

Nice one, you’ll love it. Once I finally get around to downloading the editor, I’ll email you some cool patches I’ve made. 

On 09/04/2018 at 19:00, BassAgent said:

I used my Sub Phatty in the studio recently on the single for my fusion band Tyranni Flock:

And I also recorded some bleeps and blops for another tune of ours, Dive In The Deep, in the EWI solo on our EP. Check it out here :)

I enjoyed that. What was the lead sound on the outro played on? Are you Dutch/Flemish? Or did you just like the word?

7 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Nice one, you’ll love it. Once I finally get around to downloading the editor, I’ll email you some cool patches I’ve made. 

Moog haven’t emailed me the link to the editor. I understood that happened when I registered it. I’ve chased it up but no response. They are too busy crying about the trade tax on Chinese components. 

7 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I enjoyed that. What was the lead sound on the outro played on? Are you Dutch/Flemish? Or did you just like the word?

You mean the orchestral hits in the end? That's a plugin ;) Or the melody before that? That's an EWI played through a DSI Evolver. I am Dutch :)

15 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

You mean the orchestral hits in the end? That's a plugin ;) Or the melody before that? That's an EWI played through a DSI Evolver. I am Dutch :)

I meant the single-line melody. I’d like to try an EWI sometime as flute is my main instrument.

Waar in Nederland kom je vandaan?

25 minutes ago, tonyxtiger said:

Moog haven’t emailed me the link to the editor. I understood that happened when I registered it. I’ve chased it up but no response. They are too busy crying about the trade tax on Chinese components. 

That’s right, normally the link comes through automatically as soon as you’ve registered the product to your account. Which reminds me, I need to register mine! 

Did you email [email protected]? I got a response about a feature request I sent to that address. Failing that, it might be worth contacting someone like Adam or Amos directly (usually first name in front of the @moogmusic.com).

• Like 1

On 05/07/2018 at 14:46, tonyxtiger said:

I didn’t. I’m a sucker for Moog. I have a load of presets to work through and get started on some sequencing. It’s a lovely thing. 

‘Tis a thing of beauty. The other two are pretty damn amazing. The Matrixbrute is so ridiculously deep and flexible as any of the 12 fixed sources (plus 4 of your choosing) can be routed to any of the 12 fixed destinations (plus four of your choosing) in any combination, in any amount and all at the same time!

The Pro 2 is also astounding.

Do check out Marc Doty’s (Automatic Gainsay) YouTube videos on the Matrixbrute and Pro 2 and you’ll see what I mean.  

Edited by Quatschmacher

• 2 weeks later...