Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz.....Of course it is!

pst62

Looking at the headstock I would say it isn't a Squier infinity bass, there is an inlay to the truss rod access similar to the classic Fender basses of old which suggests truss rod adjustment at the heel rather than at the neck end, I think it is an aftermarket neck bolted to an unknown body but either way not a Fender and someone if going to get scammed for xmas!

4 hours ago, prowla said:

Beware of buying used Fenders - it's a jungle out there!

(I saw UFO on the Obsession tour!)

It certainly is!  UFO.....Nice! I saw them on the Lights Out (June '77 Newcastle Mayfair), Obsession (June '78 Newcastle Mayfair), Strangers In The Night (Dec '79 Middlesbrough Town Hall), The Wild, The Willing & The Innocent (Jan '81 Middlesbrough Town Hall), Walk On Water (Feb '98 Newcastle City Hall) and the Conspiracy of Stars (May 2015 Exeter Phoenix) tours! :)

On 25/12/2017 at 19:08, prowla said:

I saw them on the Lights Out tour (Newark) and Obsessions (Nottingham - met them after, except Schenker who went off and sat in his car).

Yeah that doesn't surprise me, he and Mogg's working relationship was coming to it's end.

Infact he'd left just before the U.S leg of the Lights Out tour the year before because of Mogg

and he only returned because Pete Way had managed to locate him and talk him into it.

Edited by pst62

I saw UFO a very short while after Schenker joined - before Phenomenon was released - at a small venue that was the basement of the Queens Hotel in Westcliff.  I would think it was in 1973 as I was still going to the youth club and a bunch of us went from there to the gig.   An amazing sight - patched denim flares, no shirt, Flying V wedged between his knees.  He remains one of the best guitar players I have seen live even after all these years and he was only in his teens back then.  Saw them again in London towards the end of the 70s when Schenker stomped off stage.

1 hour ago, Paul S said:

I saw UFO a very short while after Schenker joined - before Phenomenon was released - at a small venue that was the basement of the Queens Hotel in Westcliff.  I would think it was in 1973 as I was still going to the youth club and a bunch of us went from there to the gig.   An amazing sight - patched denim flares, no shirt, Flying V wedged between his knees.  He remains one of the best guitar players I have seen live even after all these years and he was only in his teens back then.  Saw them again in London towards the end of the 70s when Schenker stomped off stage.

Nice one mate, what great memory for you, bet his sound was a raw as hell then.