Why become a member? ×

New cab day

artisan

I went to Gear4music yesterday to try out some speaker cabs to go with my CTM100 valve amp as my (Now departed) BB2 didn't provide quite what I was looking for with this amp.

First I tried a b-stock Laney Nexus N410 which I quite liked,good tone & quite punchy but I hated the honky horn.

I wanted to try a TC Electronics K410 but sadly it was out of stock.

Then I tried the Fender bassman neo 410 & a had wow moment,it made the Laney sound like a toy.

What an amazing speaker cab,bass aplenty with loads of punch & the tweeter is so sweet with no harsh honkiness at all,I really loved it immediately,it jusy had to come home with me.

Now I'm itching for the new year so I can hear it in a band setting & I'm certain it'll be awesome.

20171224_192543.jpg

Edited by artisan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Merton said:

Looks like a cracking set up! I can see why you didn’t like the BB2 with the CTM, I suspect the “best” BF cab for it would be a Four10. Great amps and I wish I still had mine!

Thanks Merton 

I thought about a BF410 but it was just over my maximum budget.

I've not heard the CTM through it yet but I can't wait,it's such a sweet amp I think it will really sing through this cab 

• 2 weeks later...

Typical of my luck 😁

We had a rehersal on Tuesday night so I was really looking forward to trying out my new cab.

The wife was out in her car so I had to use my old Mercedes 2 door coupe,but the cab won't fit in the boot & there's no chance I'm putting it on my lovely leather seats so I had to use the cab at the studio 😣

So the very first time I hear my rig will be at Saturdays gig in Bradford - bring it on

• Sad 1

On 26/12/2017 at 09:22, Merton said:

I think you’ll find yourself in heaven :)

1st gig with this rig tonight & heaven was indeed achieved,what a cracking combination,I love it.

I had a singer from another band in the audience complimenting my playing & my tone too, top night.

Best bass cab I've had I reckon,it blows my now departed BB2 away imo.

• Like 1