Why become a member? ×

In praise of Thomann

SICbass

Last week I decided to finally put the Labella flat wound strings that I had bought almost 2 years ago on to my Yamaha BB 1200. You can imagine just how gutted I was when the A-string broke as I was putting the strings on. 

Finding a  single replacement string was clearly highly unlikely so this would render the whole set as useless or at least mean that I would have to buy a new set and have three spares.

On the off-chance that they might be able to help me I wrote an email to Thomann.I heard nothing back for several days and thought, “oh well tough luck”.

Imagine my surprise when, four working days later, I received a single replacement A-string in the post and that during the Christmas rush.

Many thanks to those nice people at customer service at thomann. Merry Christmas XXX.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've had a few bits and pieces from them in the past that have always arrived a couple of days after ordering.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a bass from them. It took nine days to get here, no problem with that, it's almost certainly down to the time of year, but i did find the tracking process quite frustrating.

There were various 'your bass has now reached this stage in the process' alerts, but no actual delivery dates were given, not even estimates until I got the 'your bass is out for delivery' notification about 00.30 on Saturday morning.

3 hours ago, Cato said:

I've had a few bits and pieces from them in the past that have always arrived a couple of days after ordering.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a bass from them. It took nine days to get here, no problem with that, it's almost certainly down to the time of year, but i did find the tracking process quite frustrating.

There were various 'your bass has now reached this stage in the process' alerts, but no actual delivery dates were given, not even estimates until I got the 'your bass is out for delivery' notification about 00.30 on Saturday morning.

To be entirely fair to Thomann here, they can only update you on tracking as regularly and accurately as the courier updates them. Can't blame you for feeling a touch impatient about the arrival of a new toy though :D.

1 hour ago, bazzbass said:

their pricing is good enough that it warrants shipping to Australia and STILL be cheaper than buying local #ripoffretailers

They also don't have any problems doing returns from Australia.Fella on the Harley Benton forum said they just emailed him a shipping label. He re-boxed the guitar,printed the label and handed it in a the post office. Shipping both ways must have cost them a bundle but it's a legitimate busness expense so helps with the tax returns :)