Why become a member? ×

Limelight Fender Jazz style bass SOLD SOLD
£850

KingPrawn

Hello All

I bought this from BC very recently. It's a stunning bass and when I saw it I had to have it. However, it was an impulse buy and I'm not using it, My 75 remains king.As you can see from the pictures it has been given a good going over by the limelight team and it just looks fab. Loads of tone nice neck and plays really well. 

Weight 9lb on the nose.

Not really looking for trades. 

Comes with a soft case. More than happy to post (Fully insured). Also happy to meet up locally to Birmingham.

£750  inc Postage

fullsizeoutput_43b1.thumb.jpeg.4be64784339266076264baa60b923349.jpegfullsizeoutput_43b2.thumb.jpeg.cd96ff887ae7d97029916efc45de32c9.jpegIMG_4138.thumb.JPG.c1e6fd2c639deeeefcded85f6118bc6c.JPGfullsizeoutput_43b3.thumb.jpeg.ff96c537321a4ddadc6f71249b827fe6.jpegIMG_4140.thumb.JPG.88e792798841a6ce8b84124d37b60226.JPG

Edited by KingPrawn

5 hours ago, mrtcat said:

Bit confused, is it a fender or a Limelight?  Looks like a regular Limelight to me not a fender but title suggests it's a Fender that has been modified by Limelight. Either way it's lovely. 

Thanks You right. It’s a limelight. I’ll amend the title. Cheers

1 minute ago, prowla said:

Why's it got a Fender logo - surely Limelight would be more honest (and worth more)?

Limelight basses did come with Fender logos if the buyer requested it. Ask Mark at Classic and Cool guitars for the current position regarding this. It has the Limelight serial number on the back. They are excellent basses but I have no idea why you think a Limelight logo'd bass would be worth more than an original pre-cbs Fender. 

I asked Mark to put a fender decal on when I bought it. It isnt the same as a real stack knob so with the limelight sno on the back and the variation from standard theres no possibilities of passing off.

And yes I am that shallow sometimes.

2 hours ago, bumnote said:

And yes I am that shallow sometimes.

I would have done exactly the same. Why go to all the trouble of making it look exactly like a vintage Fender and then miss out a vital feature like the decal on the headstock.This is a cracking bass. Mark is superb at producing these instruments for ordinary mortals who want the look and sound but can’t afford genuine prices.

1 hour ago, Hutton said:

Mark is superb at producing these instruments for ordinary mortals who want the look and sound but can’t afford genuine prices.

+1 

Love my Limelight p to bits hence my interest. 

6 hours ago, Hutton said:

Limelight basses did come with Fender logos if the buyer requested it. Ask Mark at Classic and Cool guitars for the current position regarding this. It has the Limelight serial number on the back. They are excellent basses but I have no idea why you think a Limelight logo'd bass would be worth more than an original pre-cbs Fender. 

I didn't say that a Limelight would be worth more than a genuine Fender; I said that a Limelight presented as itself would be worth more than an illegal fake "Fender".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, prowla said:

I didn't say that a Limelight would be worth more than a genuine Fender; I said that a Limelight presented as itself would be worth more than an illegal fake "Fender".

Ok my friend. I misunderstood and stand corrected.👍

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

It's Xmas - Kidneys would have taken a bit of a beating over the festive period:drinks: - you should be able to find a buyer..xD

My wife doesn't really need two so I'll put an ad up on kidneychat.co.uk 

Edited by mrtcat
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, karlfer said:

Personally, I would delete your last comment.

I would also PM Prowla to ask him to remove his provocative comments. If he fails to do so, ask the Mods to do it.

My comment will be removed in a couple of hours.

Fine basses Limelight, fitting tributes to the Fenders most of us can't afford.

Thanks, advice was taken. My poor attempt at lightning the mood.

• Like 1