Why become a member? ×

Xmas price cut madness

SubsonicSimpleton

18 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

Then they should have the decency to refund immediately, pretty poor otherwise.

I'm not too fussed.

I took a punt on an offer that was too good to be true, but too good to pass up, just in case.

At this time of year it's bound to take a few extra days to sort any refunds out.

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 14:50, kodiakblair said:

Had a rammy in Morrisons last Sunday on a 3 for £6 deal. "Sorry,tag was in wrong place."  That was end of story.

Moneysaver says shops don't have to honour prices.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3277262

I'm qualified in credit management , regardless on what the price says, the contract of sale is what is asked for at the check out , The price tag is only an offer to do business  . 

1 hour ago, Kevin Dean said:

I'm qualified in credit management , regardless on what the price says, the contract of sale is what is asked for at the check out , The price tag is only an offer to do business  . 

If the price is not the same at check-out, it could well be a Trading Standards offence, though, with a hefty fine. A 'one-off' simple mistake might pass, but several items under-priced on the shelves would be quite big trouble for the shop. They may not want to have that aggravation, and prefer to let the product go at the marked price, then (perhaps...) hurriedly update the shelf pricing.

10 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

If the price is not the same at check-out, it could well be a Trading Standards offence, though, with a hefty fine. A 'one-off' simple mistake might pass, but several items under-priced on the shelves would be quite big trouble for the shop. They may not want to have that aggravation, and prefer to let the product go at the marked price, then (perhaps...) hurriedly update the shelf pricing.

Trading standards do very little these days since their cut backs ( My business is trading standard approved ) ,  the price on the product is an invite to do business , There is a case study where a shop had flick knives for sale in their window & when being taken to Court there defence was that it was only an invite to do business & wasn't actually going to accept an offer & that was excepted by the court .

31 minutes ago, Kevin Dean said:

Trading standards do very little these days since their cut backs ( My business is trading standard approved ) ,  the price on the product is an invite to do business , There is a case study where a shop had flick knives for sale in their window & when being taken to Court there defence was that it was only an invite to do business & wasn't actually going to accept an offer & that was excepted by the court .

Have to admit that local Trading Standards have helped me out few times and i can only praise them. Not used them in few yrs right enough.

Dave

1 hour ago, Kevin Dean said:

Trading standards do very little these days since their cut backs ( My business is trading standard approved ) ,  the price on the product is an invite to do business , There is a case study where a shop had flick knives for sale in their window & when being taken to Court there defence was that it was only an invite to do business & wasn't actually going to accept an offer & that was excepted accepted by the court .

Fixed (presumably..?)
Notwithstanding, in retail shops the price displayed must match the price asked for at the sales point. Incorrect pricing is a punishable offence, whether the TS people do little or much. Displaying £5 and asking for £6 at the till is illegal. They don't have to sell at £5, but they do have to display £6, or risk a fine (or more...).

"As a general rule, a display of goods at a fixed price in a shop window or on a shelf in a self-service store is an invitation to treat and not an offer. An offer may be made by a prospective buyer. At this stage, the retailer may accept or reject that offer.

"Similar principles would seem to apply where a supplier of goods or services indicates their availability on a website: that is, the offer would seem to come from the customer (eg. when he clicks the appropriate button) and it is then open to the supplier to accept or reject that offer."

(Extract from Chitty Rule of Conracts)

:)

1 minute ago, kodiakblair said:

Just had an email saying "sorry it was a huge mistake in pricing".Goes on to say they've gave me a quote with the intended price,I wasn't signed up with G4M when I ordered so who knows where this quote got sent. Any body know the amended price ?

Ha posted at the same time! I’ve been offered it at £375.

• Like 1