Why become a member? ×

Xmas price cut madness

SubsonicSimpleton

Reluctantly ordered, despite postage and packing almost doubling the price.

Someone reassure me, assuming that this is some sort of pricing c.ock up, they can't just take the full amount out of my account without my permission?

Edited by Cato

1 minute ago, Maude said:

Couldn't decide on black or sunburst, so I got one of each :D

It'll be cancelled anyway I expect but if not, in the words of the late Keith Chegwin, "Whey hay!!" 

Is it different to a shop then, where they have to sell it at the advertised price?

1 minute ago, ambient said:

Is it different to a shop then, where they have to sell it at the advertised price?

I don't honestly know, but unlike a shop where you can see the physical item, all G4M have to do is email me saying they run out and cancel my order. 

Wether they have to honour it once back in stock I've no idea. Maybe they can say they had ten at the promotional price and they all sold, who knows. 

Just now, kodiakblair said:

Don't know how it works in England but up here a shop is under no obligation to sell at the listed price. 

Think you might be wrong there. I've been in shops and bought something, took it to the checkout and when they scanned it it came up with a higher price. They said they had to sell at the price listed on the item.

Just now, Cato said:

In other news music retailer Gear For Music have just announced bankruptcy after an unfortunate pricing error was ruthlessly exploited by an online bass community...

:D

I've had the confirmation email, I'll await the cancellation one. 

1 minute ago, dmccombe7 said:

Think you might be wrong there. I've been in shops and bought something, took it to the checkout and when they scanned it it came up with a higher price. They said they had to sell at the price listed on the item.

Had a rammy in Morrisons last Sunday on a 3 for £6 deal. "Sorry,tag was in wrong place."  That was end of story.

Moneysaver says shops don't have to honour prices.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3277262

• Like 1