Why become a member? ×

Sting - Every Cringe You Make

JimBobTTD

He must have hated that cameraman. Credit for not completely pulling awkward faces all the way through. I suppose he is an actor though.

Why did the accompanying singer have the lyrics on a music stand? ....... and then had her eyes shut??

Not without its charms, but i prefer the Polices version... if im honest.

Sounded lots better through headphones but I'm sure Trudie Styler was shaking ( not nodding) her head to the music. Thing is if Sting was American he'd be whopping and hollering all the way through and we'd all think 'what a sport' Instead he shows a natural reserve and gets castigated!

Paradoxically when Annie Lennox does her tribute to him, he looks genuinely touched.

When Gregory Porter totally aces 'It's Probably Me' you can tell he recognises a great vocal performance. Trudie is well up for Greg too...

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 2

I felt it was only a matter of time before Gordon tried to make a break for it. Good for him that he managed to stay in his seat until the end.

I remember watching a similar video, of Led Zep having to watch an excruciating performance of Stairway To Heaven, by the girls from Heart and a hundred piece gospel choir.

9 minutes ago, gjones said:

I felt it was only a matter of time before Gordon tried to make a break for it. Good for him that he managed to stay in his seat until the end.

I remember watching a similar video, of Led Zep having to watch an excruciating performance of Stairway To Heaven, by the girls from Heart and a hundred piece gospel choir.

I thought they were rather touched by that performance or was percy crying in pain?!!

3 hours ago, gjones said:

Just a trifle harsh I feel. It may not be your musical taste (not mine either as it happens) - or stepping on hallowed toes perhaps - but it was at least competently performed.

Still, judge for yourself:

Stairway to heaven

7 hours ago, gjones said:

Nothing wrong with the Heart version, I consider Ann Wilson to be of the top female vocalists around, this type of stuff is effortless for her vocal range, makes it look easy, which it ain’t.

Edited by steantval

7 hours ago, steantval said:

Nothing wrong with the Heart version, I consider Ann Wilson to be of the top female vocalists around, this type of stuff is effortless for her vocal range, makes it look easy, which it ain’t.

Did you ever hear their version of 'Pretty Vacant', by the Sex Pistols, with The Vienna National Symphony Orchestra and The Vatican Boys Choir? It was a masterpiece of understatement. xD

Edited by gjones

19 hours ago, gjones said:

Nonsense, that video was amazing, far more musicianship than was on display from JF.

Strange out of all the wonderful police and sting songs they could have chosen, they choose the one about stalking >:(

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brook_fan said:

Nonsense, that video was amazing, far more musicianship than was on display from JF.

Yes agreed, with great musicianship and top, top vocals all round. The arranger did a terrific job as well.

Maybe not one for the Zep fanboys, granted, but excruciating? I don’t think so.

José Feliciano not at the top of his game at all, ‘The Police’ cover was pretty sad really.

Although, watching Sting wince at the Northfolks was amusing (around :52).