Why become a member? ×

acoustic image upshot

dove

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick report back on Tuesday's gig with sax, electric piano, electric guitar, no drums.

I played my Eminence bass through my new Acoustic Image SL-2 and the Upshot.

The Upshot was placed on the floor behind me and the tiny amp was on a tray attached  to my music stand.

It sounded very natural, probably the best sound I've had with the Eminence. I've yet to try it with a drummer.

Both the amp and cab fit in a purpose made rucksack for an easy carry.

Check out the Youtube vids

https://youtu.be/kEoqbbMtOTM

Edited by Mr Bassman
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
21 hours ago, TPJ said:

Hi Mr Bassman, have you gigged this little wonder in a band setting yet?

My question too :)
This little cab looks amazing!
I'm just wondering how it projects the sound? Looks as though it shouldn't work too well, with the speaker on its' back
but I'm sure Acoustic Image know what they're doing

Also Mr Bassman -  what does it sound like with a bass guitar, whilst playing with a drummer?

Yes I have used it at 2 different venues with drums, both with the Eminence.

The first one which is a large room with tiled floor and hard surfaces I thought it lacked a bit in the low end. I tend to leave the eq flat because it sounds so natural and I'd only just got the Clarus SL-2. Now I'm familiar with it I'll take it again and adjust the eq and it should be fine.

The second venue is smaller and carpeted. The line up was sax, trombone, guitar/banjo & drums. It was Mardi Gras and the drums were quite loud at times but the Upshot was great, I could've gone louder if needed but it seems to fill the room, I could hear myself no prob and no one asked me to turn up.

Haven't played bass guitar through it yet with drums but in a trio without drums the Jazz Bass & Rob Allen sound great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your thoughts Mr Bassman,
This looks like a really great cab! So portable & neat, and a real, practical solution for those of us who need to lug DB's around :)

When / if you play Bass guitar through it, along with a drummer and several other instruments - please share your thoughts & experiences again
I've now got GAS for something I didn't even know existed until recently! lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marc S said:

Thanks for your thoughts Mr Bassman,
This looks like a really great cab! So portable & neat, and a real, practical solution for those of us who need to lug DB's around :)

When / if you play Bass guitar through it, along with a drummer and several other instruments - please share your thoughts & experiences again
I've now got GAS for something I didn't even know existed until recently! lol

Ditto xD

• 2 months later...

Update on the Upshot

I've been using a borrowed Yamaha SLB200 for a few gigs, which I'm going to buy. I've got it set up with my favourite strings and pickup. (I prefer the neck to the Eminence).

It sounds amazing through my Acoustic Image Coda but I wanted to go even lighter as the gig last night was upstairs, so I took the Upshot and Clarus SL-2

The line up was trumpet, trombone, piano, bass & drums. Although the Upshot lacks the fat bottom end of the Coda it filled the room with rich acoustic bass tone, all the band could hear clearly including myself.

Great sound, easy carry, very happy

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just resurrecting this old thread, as I was wondering whether anyone else has bought one of these smart looking speakers, and what your thoughts are?
Are you still using yours Mr Bassman? Still liking it?

I wish there was one of these near me somewhere - so I could give it a whirl :)
I'm still sorely tempted by them, but would love to hear one before pulling the trigger