Why become a member? ×

Mesa Powerhouse

Paddy515

Hi - fairly mighty!!! I use a Fender ABY box to also play thru a smaller 12"/150 watt combo (with eq set fairly trebly) with the valve preamp just going into the TE head and mesa cab at a higher volume for a more dirty sound. The combination comes across really well. Loved it!!! Regards, Paddy.

I've had my mesa 1x15 since about 2004 and it's been a great cab and mainly used with a walkabout head. I can highly recommend those cabs. My only two reservations with them are:

1) for playing reggae, I find the off axis sound falls off at a short distance from the cab so really doesn't have enough umphf in the bottom end to have any authority for that genre. ( Other stuff where I need more full range sounds it works great.) 

2) Now I'm gigging more often I'm finding the weight of them to be unpleasant.

I'd still recommend them and with a 2x10 or 4x10 it's superb. 

I have been a user of a PH410 drove by a Mesa Titan as a head. It was the best sound I ever have. Unfortunately when I moved I sold it, now I have a Mesa Prodigy with an EBS Neo 210, it's not the same at all, it's good but far from the sound I got with the PH, maybe it´s the combination of head and cabinet, I don´t know.

Mesa has a premium tag but it worths it.