Why become a member? ×

How many this year?

Bilbo

This thread made me tot up the diary and it came to fifty one gigs - all with one band. I had a dep in for another seven to cover hols etc. Considering we changed drummers and one guitarist during the year that's not too bad. Been doing this level of gigs for the last few years but only working part time for the last two years works wonders for the energy levels at the weekend!

Got forty eight in the diary for 2018 and with several more enquiries on the go so should see us up around the sixty mark again. 

Seems to me that there are a lot of folk around the 45 to 55 mark. It would be interesting to do some work on demographics.  Do young guys gig more than older people etc. Pay rates for the gigs we all have, sizes of bands etc. There is a dissertation in there for someone. 

4 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Seems to me that there are a lot of folk around the 45 to 55 mark. It would be interesting to do some work on demographics.  Do young guys gig more than older people etc. Pay rates for the gigs we all have, sizes of bands etc. There is a dissertation in there for someone. 

Age 54  £250-300 plus the odd good payer. 4 Piece, 3 blokes and a girl.  59 Gigs this year.

Age 53 weekend warrior in a 4 piece rock covers band. Pubs and clubs mainly with a minimum of £250, most at £300 and a few at £400.
Full time 50hrs a week job, tolerant and supportive wife, kids, dog.
53 gigs confirmed for 2018 and about 6 more waiting in the wings if we can fit them in. Might need some deps this year......

7 hours ago, 12stringbassist said:

111 last year and a day's TV filming for 'Girlfriends' on ITV (our spot on the show will be shown in episode 3 on the 17th).

This year, so far, looks like the same number are booked, but we still have a few venues to talk to about free dates.

Aha a 12 string bassist (and 111 gigs to boot)! Well I know of one fellow BC'er  @Cuzzie who is very keen to get his hands on a 12 string bass so I suspect he would be delighted to be put in touch with you and find out a bit more about your set up. In fact, if you have any clips showing you using the thing live please feel free to post (or to start a separate 12 string thread if it's too off topic for this one!) - I'm guessing more than just me would be really interested to hear you and the bass in action! 

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 17:46, drTStingray said:

I spent an hour or so searching for this last night without luck I'm afraid sorry - went through a pile of recent BGMs. I'll have another look tonight - I'm just wondering if I actually read it on here or in a newspaper article or something. 

Sorry, missed this post! Thanks for checking for the article. You may well have read it on here as

I did a post on it just after the gig. Here's the pic of me with Lee and drummer Donavan Hepburn.

WP_20160706_22_07_27_Pro.jpg