Left leaderboard
rjmbass

Ashdown ABM 2000 Watt head
£850

Selling my Ashdown 2000watt ABM head, the head is in immaculate condition and in a live in flight case. Postage at buyers expense and if collected my location is Clitheroe, Lancashire.

The Spec is:

The most powerful Ashdown ever! The new ABM 2000 head pairs the much loved ABM Evo 3 pre amp with two monstrously powerful Class D power sections resulting in a huge increase in power coupled with a dramatic reduction in weight. Whilst the same size as an ABM 900 head the ABM 2000 produces 2000 watts RMS into two 4 ohm/4 x 8 ohm outputs(4000 watts peak). 

The ABM 2000 EVO III is a 1000+1000 watts RMS bass amp head designed to satisfy both bass-purists and tech-heads alike. Three straightforward rotary tone controls provide 20dB of cut and boost at 60Hz, 660Hz and 5kHz, and are supplemented by two pairs of additional sliders giving 15dB cut and boost at 180Hz, 340Hz, 1.3kHz and 2.6kHz. The EQ can be switched in/out by a footswitch, enabling players to go from a flat fretless sound to a boosted sound via a favourite EQ setting. A single input is switchable for passive and active instruments with a blend of solid state and dual triode tube preamps stages which can be preset and selected by footswitch, providing access to a massive range of clean, warm and overdriven tones. 

Also footswitchable is the on-board compressor and the mighty Ashdown sub-harmonic generator which precisely tracks the main signal and reproduces it an octave lower. A sub-harmonic level control enables the player to add just the right amount of low-end reinforcement - everything from a subtle, thickening of the sound to unbridled, bone crushing tone. The ABM 2000 EVO III features a front-panel mounted balanced DI out with pre or post EQ switching, a sub-bass output, a tuner output, an FX loop and a line input for the connection of an external sampler or sound source. Output muting cuts the signal from the DI output but leaves the tuner output 'live', allowing the player to tune up in silence. A new upgraded power section has faster transient attack, more headroom and even less noise.

ABM 2000 EVO III Specifications

Power Output 2000 Watts
Power Handling 4000 Watts Peak
Speaker Outputs SPEAKON/JACK
Frequency Response -3DB AT 17HZ AND 30KHZ
High Instrument Input Impedence 3.9M OHMS
Low Instrument Input Impedence 10K OHMS
Line Input Impedence 22K OHMS
Line Output Impedence 10K OHMS
DI Output 600 OHMS Balanced
Tuner Output Impedence 1K OHMS
Impedance Minimum 4 OHMS
Effects Send Impedence 22K OHMS
Effects Return Impedence 22K OHMS
Pre-Amp Tubes 1 X 12AX7
H x W x D (mm) 158 X 610 X 355
Weight (kg) 17.9

http://ashdownmusic.com/products/1/Bass-Amplification/18/Legacy/5/ABM-2000-EVO-III/

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

img_20150206082620_81426.jpg

Edited by rjmbass
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby D said:

Could i run 4 2x12 cabs off this?

Yes, if the cabs are 8 Ohm each (one pair of cabs on each of the two amps in the head...).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Petey
      I bought this amp some years ago as a back-up to my main amp. Although I gigged it a few times,  whilst my main amp was in for a service, it has only seen a maximum of 4 gigs. It then became amp 3,4,5 and so on. In the meantime I spent some money on it purchasing (well over £100.00 and your gain as the amp has hardly been used since) - all direct from Ashdown
      8 new feet (4 for the side and 4 for the bottom)
      a new leather handle
      padded cover 
      x2 pedals  - change between the various options A - EQ on/off, pre set signature Ashdown sound & B Valve Drive and Sub Octave
      The amp has lots of features and packs a punch - at the time it was Ashdown's flagship amp. Whoever gets this amp will get a well cared for and up-together amp. If you're not used to this amount of power and quality of tone, this amp will elevate your sound within the band and give your tone authority. This is the twin amp (2x 575w) model - I always admired  these amps and identified it as the 4 fan version (if you look at the others in that range they have 1 or 2 fans and NOT 4 as the more powerful amp has).
      Please note current PAT test sticker ( I have ALL my gigging equipment PAT tested yearly as I play so many venues that first ask for Public Liability Insurance and PAT test docs). If you require tech specs then there are lots on line, or more detailed photos, please PM me and I'll ping them over. I put reflective stickers on the two foot pedals so I knew what was what  on stage - they can easily be removed - but this highlights the availability of choice of the  EQ section, the Ashdown Pre-set tone option, Valve Drive and Sub Octave to you mid performance.
      Located just east of Portsmouth on the South Coast (West Sussex) . A cash deal would be my preference but I could be up for trades, depends on what you have to offer - collection only.

• By Ted Theodore Logan, III
      Howdy, y'all eclectic bunch o' “BC'ers"!!

NOW ONLY £345 FOR ALL THIS RAW, SNAKEY, MADE IN ENGLAND, T.E. POWER!!!

Trace Elliot AH300-7 Amp
      &
      Trace Elliot 4x10 Cab 400W 8Ω

Both the Amp and Cab have been re-tolexed and the closest way to describe the finish would be to say that it looks as though a large blue snake swallowed a Trace Eliot rig. Needless to say, it looks awesome!!... Providing you like to ROCK!!!

The AH300-7 is a top quality, English made amp with some very nice features such as; 
      · 7 band graphic eq preamp
      · Built in adjustable Compressor
      · Pre-shape switch
      · Passive/Active inputs
      · Effects send/return
      · Balanced D.I.

Another cool little feature is the gain led meter that lights up to show when you are running the gain too high, too low or just right... I thought that was pretty nifty... All Goldilocks and what-not!!
      The graphic eq can dial in some amazing tone and can also be bypassed should you choose to keep it simple and not take advantage of all that lovely Trace Eliot rich eq mastering...
      On the back it's pretty straightforward, you got the mains input, the on/off switch and two speaker outputs that operate with standard ¼ inch “jack" instrument cable. 
      Minimum load is 4ohms.

The Cab is a 4x10 400W @ 8Ω Trace Elliot behemoth that weighs in at roughly the same weight as a classic 1960's mini cooper. If you are blessed with the strength of ten men (as I am) this is a one-man lift however, if you are an average puny mortal, this cab is certainly not something I can recommend hauling around on a regular basis... unless, of course, you have a very attractive chiropractor whom you would like to visit more often...b
      Cab has recessed handles on‘t' side and rubber feet on‘t' base. Dimensions of cab (including feet) are;
      Height = 71 cm
      Width = 62 cm
      Depth = 43 cm

Everything is working as it should and all sounds fantastic!! The stack had been sat around a while and there were some initial crackles when I first plugged it  & played through.  I have since; opened the  head unit (very carefully) cleaned the connections and cleared fine dust with light air CPU airspray. Also opened rear connection input panel at rear of cabinet, cleared dust and cleaned contacts. Another play through, and now the Blue Snakeskin Bass Rig Behemoth Battle Stack is now primed and ready to Attack, noise free...  👍  .... until you start playing through it...  
      There's a small piece of missing plastic from one of the port covers at the front of the cab (pictured) Also, a covering cap is missing from the gain switch on the amp (pictured)
      The front panel of the amp lights up, which is pretty “rock ‘n' roll" and also features a carry handle so looks like a fancy blue reptile skin briefcase when being held... amp weighs in at 12.4kg. So most puny humans should be able to lift the amp at least...
      Dimensions of Amp (with feet) are:
      Height = 15 cm
      Width= 50 cm
      Depth = 43 cm

I imagine if you want this rig couriered you'd be looking at roughly £2000 so it's collection only or part meet unless you got a spare £2k you wanna throw at it...
      Any questions, please feel free to ask.
      Send me a message if you want me to drive the rig your way (for fuel cost)   Or come visit me, you can have a trial and play 👍 I am more than happy to let you loose on a few different bass guitars so that you can get a real feel for what the trace stack is capable of... 

All the best 

Yum, yum, yum... 
    • By Paul C
      Ashdown ABM 500 Combo for sale. 4x10. Good condition for age. Perfect working order. Can be tried out at rehearsal room in central Manchester. 10 minutes walk from Piccadilly train station. Would require collection via car due to weight. 

• By chyc
      Hello all!
      What are people's thoughts on using Ashdown's AA-50-R as an upright bass combo? It looks awfully similar to a PJB Cub in terms of advertised spec, but of course the devil is in the details.
      I sent an email to Ashdown around a month ago but never got a reply about this. Ideally I'd try one, but
      1) There isn't one near me
      2) I don't want to try one and break it

• By big rob
      I must say the best 4x10 i have ever owned, also has a great tweeter.
      Now down to £300 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Grab a bargain.
      Also comes with the padded TC cover.
      TC Blurb:
      Stackable 600 Watt bass cabinet with tweeter offers extreme portability and superior tone for stage and studio use ? Vertically stackable with other RS range cabinets for uncompromising full-frequency sound Compact and lightweight bass cabinet design 4 x 10" custom Eminence* drivers for deep fundamental bass tone 1" titanium diaphragm tweeter with 1.5" aluminum coil for increased percussive attack and definition Dual speaker link connections on premium Neutrik speakON* connectors (8 Ohm impedance) L-pad control lets you adjust to get the perfect amount of high-end detail Stylish ?anti-skid? covered plywood cabinet designed for toughest life on the road Designed and engineered in Denmark