Why become a member? ×

Price hike? G&L Tribute

uk_lefty

I always keep an eye out on new basses though I seldom buy. I raised some cash recently and have been looking a bit more carefully. Now, I expected a G&L Tribute to cost from £450-550 from looking around in the recent past. On Thomann they are now £750!!?! How has that happened?!

1 minute ago, uk_lefty said:

I always keep an eye out on new basses though I seldom buy. I raised some cash recently and have been looking a bit more carefully. Now, I expected a G&L Tribute to cost from £450-550 from looking around in the recent past. On Thomann they are now £750!!?! How has that happened?!

Bass Direct seem to have them at £599 or Andertons at £550 (although not much choice).

Might be worth having a chat :)

Thomman used to be my first port of call for most things. Alas not so now, something happened in late June last year that has seen their prices rise so they're no longer as competitive as they were. 

Could it be that their stock turns around faster than a lot of smaller UK shops, so the prices we're seeing are reflecting the lower value of the pound?

I know the pound has dropped but for the price to go from 550 to 750 in a few months is a bit unrealistic. Being a buyer at a retailer I do understand currency movement. Just seemed like a big hike on just one product, whereas others move by much smaller amounts.

I picked up an as-new premium finish blueburst (that's the one with the blue burst on the back rather than the black) L2000 for £270 quid on ebay, put an old East MMSR 3-band preamp in it, set it up, sanded the neck, rolled the edges and it's a monster rock machine and as good a tool bass as any.

Edited by Sean
Spelling