Why become a member? ×

My Fender rig

Bill

Hi guys - thought i would share this recent photo of my rig - am using a Fender Bassman 800 and 8x10 cab! its very smooth and punchy! anyone else using these or had any experience with them?

22730445_10155663062558617_1011649397085658330_n.jpg

Edited by Bill
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Great looking set-up there, Bill, and I`m sure it sounds even better than it looks - assuming that is possible of course.

Cheers! It does sound fantastic, will have to dig out a clip where it shows its tone on a live gig situation!

3 minutes ago, stu_g said:

looks good wouldnt fancy lugging it around though.

Haha! right? Thankfully i have a tech that sets up this beast, the amp i lug around at home on smaller local shows is an Aguilar SL410! lightest cab ever! :-) 

16 hours ago, Bill said:

Hi guys - thought i would share this recent photo of my rig - am using a Fender Bassman 800 and 8x10 cab! its very smooth and punchy! anyone else using these or had any experience with them?

22730445_10155663062558617_1011649397085658330_n.jpg

Woof! Get your tech to take it out of the box though, I know it’s for practical reasons but it’d look cooler naked!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gottastopbuyinggear said:

Good grief - my whole band usually has to set up in a smaller space than that, and we're a five piece!

What's that between the stack and your pedal board - it's not a butt kicker type thing is it?!

Yes its a Porter & Davies KT Platform, here is a better photo of it!

23621192_10155718272218617_6479337771749063229_n.jpg

4 minutes ago, Gottastopbuyinggear said:

And I always thought those were to compensate when you didn’t have, say, a huge great 8x10 right behind you!

To be honest its mainly to feel the drums! I have both snares and kick drum going through this thing, so when i'm far away from him on bigger stages i get a really good feel of what is going on!

1 hour ago, Bill said:

To be honest its mainly to feel the drums! I have both snares and kick drum going through this thing, so when i'm far away from him on bigger stages i get a really good feel of what is going on!

That’s a really logical, sensible, answer.  However I’m secretly disappointed that it’s not just bass player excess!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thumperbob 2002 said:

Haha! Proper old school, well other than the techie platform. Quite curious about that for sure. 

Its a useful bit of gear in the right setting! the first time i tried it was just at a friends house, bass only and didn't really like it! but when you put it in a band situation, it feels great and keeps you locked in nicely with the drummer, aswell as feeling all the subtleties of your own playing right through your feet!

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

That's an amazing rig! How about sharing a clip of you playing through it with your band?

Thanks - i have a few clips here from different points of view, but they won't do it full justice of course!

21 hours ago, scalpy said:

Hey bill nice rig. Are you the guy who played bass for rag n bone mans Beyoncé cover for the live lounge? That’s a cracking bit of playing, that bassline. 

Thanks! yes that was me - loved that arrangement! was super fun to play! :-)

As well as making the case for Matt I was also going to ask what determined whether the pedal board went on the platform or not. Is it space or did it start off there but moved off. I wondered if the vibration did anything? Not heard of them for that use but love that idea.

Edited by Steve Browning
Typos