Why become a member? ×

Cornford Hurricane all-valve combo. Further price drop; now £675 ono
£750

Asking price now £700 ono

Up for sale is my Cornford Hurricane, 22W all-valve guitar combo.

Most people reading this won't need telling about this amp. In case you do though, here's a link to a review:

Hurricane review

Here's a link to some stock pictures of the amp - mine looks just the same!:

Stock pictures

This is an early model dating from 2004 with a 3-digit serial number (actually it's four digits, but the first one is a zero). It's complete with the original footswitch and connection cable, and has a proprietary soft cover of a type that are easy to find on eBay.

Cosmetically it's in outstandingly good nick. I'm working from memory as I type this (the amp is at PMT for a full revalve and service) but I can't recall any blemishes on it at all. If anything does come to light when I get it back I will dutifully report it here.

It has led a pretty easy life (a small number of gigs plus the odd recording session, and it was my main amp in my teaching studio for a couple of years). Changed priorities and some medical issues mean that I no longer use it.

This is a great amp that has (and I know some people don't like reading this kind of thing, but) genuine rarity value. At this stage the asking price is pretty firm (but feel free to make offers :)). For what I hope are obvious reasons I won't be posting this - collection at an agreed location is the only option I'm afraid. I live in the Birmingham area but can travel for a little bit of petrol money. The amp may be available before Christmas but probably best to assume not.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

My Feedback

Edited by leftybassman392

Anyone looking for a top hand wired valve amp-buy this !

I'm not in the market for another guitar amp at the mo as mainly bass and have just bought a little Yerasov amp 

I did some work for Paul Cornford a few years ago and was paid with a Cornford Harlequin, which I no longer have. Wish I'd kept it.

They're  brilliant amps and the Hurricane is superb and very useful at 22watts

If they aren't collectable yet they should be !

good luck with the sale

• 1 month later...

yep, great amps.

The guitarist in the band I'm in, is none other than Martin Kidd, Cornford (and now Victory) designer.

If you look inside the chassis it will be signed by the builder. It could be Martin, Chris, Len or the other guy (I've forgotten his name dammit)

Edited by police squad

Further price drop. Now at £675, with a reminder that it has had a full service and a new set of valves.

In all honesty I can't see it going any lower than this - it's already well into 'special deal for a fellow basschatter' territory. I'll leave it on here for a while but if it doesn't shift fairly soon I'll hand it over to someone to sell as a commission sale. Not intended as a threat, but I'm not using it and need to move it on.

Edited by leftybassman392

• 3 weeks later...

For information:

I have had a number of PM requests recently from people who have clearly joined Basschat for the specific purpose of making an offer for this amp. Just to be clear: I do not respond to such requests. The amp, if sold on Basschat, will be sold to an established member of the forum, i.e. someone who was a member before the ad was posted.

It will not be posted, transported or couriered to a distant location, much less to a foreign country.

Furthermore, I will see funds safely and permanently in my bank account (or if cash, in my hand) before it goes anywhere. I don't do Paypal.

I trust that I have made my conditions of sale sufficiently clear. I would like to sell it here, but if that is not to be then I will sell it somewhere else.

• 8 months later...