Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Elite on James Corden

Bill

Hi Basschat - i played on The Late Late show with James Corden earlier this year and was really happy with how the mix came out on my Elite Jazz 5! no pedals or effects, just jazz bass straight into a Bassman 800 Head and Cab, let me know what you think :-)

Regards!

Bill.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikanHannille said:

That sounds killer!

Thanks man - we do a few TV things here and there and its always a gamble to how its gonna turn-out when its a live broadcast mix, but this was a pre-record and it definitely got a nice place in the mix along with the drums!

Edited by Bill

Sweet gig indeed! :)
Yes, it sounds great as others have said. Also, as you say "it's a gamble to how its gonna turn-out when its a live broadcast mix"
But your sound is also cutting through and sitting well in the mix, after the whole thing has been compressed / converted for viewing on YouTube
Sounds nice through my headphones, but also sounds pretty good through the tiny little (under-sized) speakers in my monitor....
Well played too matey

5 hours ago, M@23 said:

Sounds killer. Band is super tight. Saw you guys in the summer, was a wicked show. I want an Elite in that turquoise colour 😍

Thanks man! oh awesome - where did you see us to? yes i've been looking at the turquoise also! but 4-string version :-)

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

Thanks man! oh awesome - where did you see us to? yes i've been looking at the turquoise also! but 4-string version :-)

Isle of Wight dude. We played it too. Saw Rory in Sainsbury too, he got mobbed! But was a really cool guy. 

The turquoise one looks ace... Soon as my Sadowsky is paid for, I'm on it 😂

3 minutes ago, M@23 said:

Isle of Wight dude. We played it too. Saw Rory in Sainsbury too, he got mobbed! But was a really cool guy. 

The turquoise one looks ace... Soon as my Sadowsky is paid for, I'm on it 😂

Oh cool! that was a nice festival! was on a flight to L.A a few months ago and it popped up on the Movie section?! was very surprised, but was good to watch back and hear how it came out! who were you playing with? i might of seen you!

Yeah he cant hide! he always gets mobbed, haha.

4 hours ago, super al said:

Saw Rag n Bone Man on the last leg, lovely, soulful arrangement of 'human'. Great set of pipes on that man and I enjoyed the bass playing too!👏👍

Thanks mate - i was really happy with how the mix on that one came out especially as it was a live broadcast jobby, hoping it might turn up on YouTube at some point! 

Managed to get some quiet time to myself and put the headphones on the mobile.

I'm a bit of an old git so new music never really appeals to me. When I hear it on the radio I think that's pretty good but when you see and hear it live the song goes to a whole different level for me.

Is there an MD in the band or does Rory tell you the arrangement? 

4 hours ago, super al said:

Managed to get some quiet time to myself and put the headphones on the mobile.

I'm a bit of an old git so new music never really appeals to me. When I hear it on the radio I think that's pretty good but when you see and hear it live the song goes to a whole different level for me.

Is there an MD in the band or does Rory tell you the arrangement? 

Yeah i agree,

Our keys player is the M.D!

4 hours ago, mcnach said:

That sounds great!

Thanks! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NickA said:

So that was you on the last leg the other week?  Bass sounded great; I've been trying to find that tone ever since :-).  Think my basses may be too complicated !

That was me yes, and thanks! The bass I was using was a passive American standard Precision! the one on the right :-)

22829760_10155663062558617_1011649397085658330_o.jpg

Edited by Bill
  • Like 2